Mazak AJV-25/405 Lost positional data

Thread: Mazak AJV-25/405 Lost positional data

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazak AJV-25/405 Lost positional data

We are looking at buying a Mazak AJV-20/405 I believe a 1988 year model. I went and looked at it and the owner of it knows nothing about it. It was left in the building he had purchased. It has been powered down for over a year now and it seems to have lost all of its positional data. Does anyone know how one of go about teaching the positions? This machine is older then anything I have ever ran or worked on before so its a little out of my wheelhouse. Any information or manuals of any kind would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I remember from 2000, memory battery dying and replaced, the core of the computer was a big red box with 'meldas' printed on the side, it had a 3.5 floppy disk drive.
    A company called 'john hart' (australia) brought a disk and reloaded all the parameters.
    If this exceeds your budget, then replace battery and type in manually all the missing parameters.
    This can be dangerous, perform tests at low rapids with maybe a texta in a chuck, foamblock workpiece.

Wisdom results from foolishness!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazak AJV-25/405 Lost positional data

Thanks for the information. We ended up passing up on the machine, couldn't risk it not working.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cmiles View Post
    Thanks for the information. We ended up passing up on the machine, couldn't risk it not working.
    In the future, mazaks with a 640m/t control will Jae some type of back up on the hard drive. You just download it. Setting an axis up wouldn’t be hard because you are using switch and dog home.