Need Help! Mazatrol T32-3 Keyway cutting

Thread: Mazatrol T32-3 Keyway cutting

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Mazatrol T32-3 Keyway cutting

Hi,

I find the mazatrol setup great for getting 95% of jobs done but I've hit a brick wall with this job.

I have cut internal keyways on a fanuc controlled lathes before but struggle on my Mazak..

My google searching has revelaed that on some machines you can programme in ISO format on this control. I feel I could get the job done with this, but I don't seem to have this option, so I'm stuck trying to do it in mazatrol.

I'm not sure if I'm on the right path but I'm trying to acheive it buy using the manual Process (MNP).

But I need to be able to clamp the spindle which seems to be the 1st issue I need to solve. If I put an M210 (Spindle clamp) it doesn't seem to do anything.. Maybe I need to engage the C-Axis 1st?? Not sure how to do this..

Any help would be greatly received!

Thanks
    Stew

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazatrol T32-3 Keyway cutting

You can use m19 spindle orient, otherwise spindle clamp works with c axis engaged.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tspiszak View Post
    You can use m19 spindle orient, otherwise spindle clamp works with c axis engaged.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I was getting a error 257. m code not recognised when trying m19 in the mnp process...

Downloads
    Uploads

I managed to sort the issue.

For future reference:

Use manual milling mode
    Machine will try and engage driven tooling. Have a static tool holder will cause the machine to error. We had to remove the holder and machine a pocket in the back of the holder.

Then you can continue to clamp the spindle and write a series of moves to cut the keyway.

Hope this helps somebody down the line.