Mazak Multiplex 420 Help

Thread: Mazak Multiplex 420 Help

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Mazak Multiplex 420 Help

Hello, all. Recently purchased a 1994 multiplex 420 w/ gantry (T32-4 control) and got it booted up this week and have been getting familiar with the machine. We have 3 Mazaks lathes from the 80's and have had great results with them. I have run into a couple of "missing" items on the multiplex and need some help.

Head #1 turret indexes properly, but does not properly list what tool # it is on. All it says is "0" for every position. So we cannot make a specific tool call for this turret. Head #2 operates properly and lists the appropriate tool that is called upon. Not sure if this a physical problem, or a parameter issue.

Problem #2 (that we know of at this point) is that when you go to type in a sample program, the options for "material menu" are not listed (i.e. CBN STL, ALY STL, CST IRN, etc.). Once again, not sure if this is a parameter problem, or if some other information needs reloaded into the machine.

Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated.

Motter71

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazak Multiplex 420 Help

Quick update....Problem #1 solved (turret #1 indexes but does not list what tool it is on). I re-initialized the machine and reloaded the parameters, tool date, etc. What I didn't realize was that my selector switch was on Head #1. When I finished reloading, turret #1 had all of the proper tool positions and turret #2 had nothing (just like turret #1 before re-initializing). So I figured that I needed to reload the tooling data two times, once for each head. It worked and both heads have the proper tool numbers. Nothing in the manuals or re-initializing procedure about this. Hope this helps anyone else out there. Still working on problem #2.....options for material menu are not listed when creating a program.

I have other disks that came with the machine, but I don't have a disk reader (yet!). Hope to get that soon, but I can't find anything about reloading info from the floppy disk to the EEPROM. Anybody have any insight on this procedure?

Motter71

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazak Multiplex 420 Help

Another update.....Problem #2 solved. Just received the cutting condition parameters from Mazak and loaded them into the machine. I now have the material menu when creating a program and the speeds and feeds can be automatically set. Thank you Adam from Mazak!!!

Motter71