Need Help! T32-2 control not waking up

Thread: T32-2 control not waking up

Downloads
    Uploads

Default T32-2 control not waking up

I got my QT8N home last night and brought it into the shop today. Put power on it, the fans spun up, the green power button lights up. But unfortunately that's all the further it wants to go. It was in operational and running condition 2 weeks ago.

When the power button is pressed a click can be heard in the back panel and a few lights on the back of the operator panel flash on then off. I checked voltages and confirmed the transformer is set correctly.

The AC in on the NC cardcage is at 101v which I would assume is in tolerance of the 100v circuit.

I had my wife press the power button on the operator panel while I stood at the rear to find the clicking. It was a relay somewhere inside the cardcage, but I discovered that the lights on the cardcage would blink on briefly with each press.

If anyone has any ideas where to start looking they would be very appreciated. I will probably try reseating the cards tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: T32-2 control not waking up

Do you have LRD's on on the control box?

Regards Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Please excuse my ignorance, but I do not know what that acronym stands for.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry should have been LED's.

Regards Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah, that makes significantly more sense. The only LEDs I get solid is the one for the power button. When the power button is pressed I get a number of LEDs on briefly (less than 0.5 second) on both the back of the user panel and on the main nc computer in the back cabinet.

I tried unhooking all the "Honda" connectors from the computer and get the same result. I'm guessing something in the power supply didnt agree with the 500 mile trip to my shop.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try resetting all the breakers first. Is it phased correctly? Sounds like a power supply issue. Check to see if you have supply voltage to the controller power supply and spindle drive.

Regards Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

I checked the ac 100v that feeds the control and it was dead on 100v. Put an oscilloscope on it earlier today just to rule out a voltage drop that was faster than my digital volt meter could catch. No problems there.

I was terrified of the thought of pulling the cards to reseat the connectors for fear of loosing the parameters before I could write them down to compair to the documents i was given.

After my best confirmation that power entering the main control was fine and that the trouble was confined to the main control by unplugging all the I/O plugs i decided to bite the bullet and pull cards to see if the PSU would come up without a load. It came up without a load, but wouldnt with any card installed. Tried reseating the psu a few times and it started working properly.

Once it was up I was able to muddle my way through moving the axis around before getting an alarm "200 thermal trip". The manual says that is tied to the thermal trip of one of the motors, I will have to start searching for the motor that got angry. It very well could be the phasing, or the power supply. I will throw the scope on the supply tomorrow and confirm 100% that the phasing is correct and I'm not getting any voltage drop.

Your input it extremely valuable to me and I appreciate it. This type of control is completely new to me and a bit on the scary side. My cnc mill is a milltronics that runs on hardware/software I'm more familiar with. This machine is to learn and expand my knowledge.