Mazak Multiplex 6500 with a 640T controller

Thread: Mazak Multiplex 6500 with a 640T controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazak Multiplex 6500 with a 640T controller

So, boss wants to do offline programming for accuracy on this machine and so, this is our first time around using mastercam to program for this. CIMQUEST gave me a post file off a working Mazak nexus machine and honestly, its not really working out as well as I had hoped.

Some of the issues have more to do with trying to do milling on the machine, like interpolation and simple slot machining on the OD. I have no working samples of proven Mazak multiplex programs and I'm wondering if anyone here actually does have a vast knowledge of how a gcode program should look like, including milling...

I was trying to do simple engraving and on one hand, the machine wouldn't move beyond the first g01 code, then I switched it up some and it was going to make a box engraving, which was not what I wanted, so I told the machinist to skip over engraving and we'd do it on the mills.

Its just frustrating because there isn't a ton of information on mazak multiplex EIA programming.

If anyone could help, that would be greatly appreciated!

-JD

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazak Multiplex 6500 with a 640T controller

Ive have made some very basic eia programs for a super quadrex with 640T, no live tooling though.

Do you have the eia programming manual? I read though it at least once before jumping into coding the programs.

With some basic searching online you should be able to find an eia programming manual. Even if its not specifically for a multiplex, reading through it would probably help since the codes are pretty much the same if its a 640T control and a 640T manual.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rbjem View Post
    Ive have made some very basic eia programs for a super quadrex with 640T, no live tooling though.

Do you have the eia programming manual? I read though it at least once before jumping into coding the programs.

With some basic searching online you should be able to find an eia programming manual. Even if its not specifically for a multiplex, reading through it would probably help since the codes are pretty much the same if its a 640T control and a 640T manual.

Unfortunately, I don't. Looked through all the books and only see the Mazatrol programming manual with limited information on the M codes. I don't know if that machine ever came with an EIA programming manual =(

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, i meant a google search. Searching for something like 'Mazak eia manual' has some hits for a guide. Even if its a matrix mnual instead of fusion, the basics are still the same.

As always, test all new code to avoid any accidents.