Need Help! Mazatrol M2 VQC 20/40 most programs will not run

Thread: Mazatrol M2 VQC 20/40 most programs will not run

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazatrol M2 VQC 20/40 most programs will not run

My Mazatrol M2 will run basic milling programs but nothing else. If I have a tap or drill in the program the controller locks up. I have tried changing all of the circuit boards in the cabinet to no avail. I noticed that if the graphics will not run then the machine will not run, so I have been looking carefully at the graphics screen to see what will and will not run and I can get the shape to appear on some drilling and tapping programs but the trace will not appear. The simple point to point milling programs work. There are no error codes.
    I have completely reloaded parameters and tool data etc many times but this has not helped. I have now run out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Richard

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazatrol M2 VQC 20/40 most programs will not run

The trace only shows when the machine is actually running I think. A lot of times even though the shape check works with no errors when you do the tool path it will give you errors. Try the tool path and see what errors you get. It will tell you where they are

Regards Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazatrol M2 VQC 20/40 most programs will not run

I have an M2. Give me a little more history. Did it ever run? What exactly do you mean by locks up? In graphics replay? Any message? Running only Mazatrol or can you punch in G-code and it will drill?