Need Help! M32 Tool setter not setting correct Z offset

Thread: M32 Tool setter not setting correct Z offset

Downloads
    Uploads

Default M32 Tool setter not setting correct Z offset

I have a mazak htc-400 with a m32 plus control. when using the tool probe in semi auto mode it sets the z offest but it is always positive and it doesnt match up to the same value if you handle jog the tool into the tool setter till it beeps. now the difference in the z machine coordinate fluctuates. it isnt a set value that i could just add. for example. T1 set with semi auto mode gave me 6.5565 and the when i handle jogged it into the tool setter i got -13.4856. so i changed the 6.5565 to -6.5565. now the difference between those two are 6.9285. so i touched off another tool to see if the difference was the same cause then i was just going to offset my wpc z offset that amount. But i got a different value once again. how do i fix this or am i doing something wrong? we have alot of tools in this machine that we use on multiple parts and it would be easier to just touch one tool off the part rather than 20 every set up.

also we are using eia/iso

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: M32 Tool setter not setting correct Z offset

Don't quote me on this but I think for tool offsets done in Mazatrol to work in eia there is a parameter that needs to be changed otherwise they aren't recognised.

Regards Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy View Post
    Don't quote me on this but I think for tool offsets done in Mazatrol to work in eia there is a parameter that needs to be changed otherwise they aren't recognised.
    The manager prior to me had the parameters changed so he could use eia/iso. But im not sure what parameters were changed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: M32 Tool setter not setting correct Z offset

Can we see your probing macro?
    Those params are normally called by the macro file and having that macro code uploaded here would make it easy'er for everybody to debug remotely