I've got 2 new to us Mazaks on the floor. These are our first Mazak machines. We have a guy working here who said southeastern support is top notch. It seems like Midwestern support is pretty thin. We're 2 hours north of Chicago.

We've been talking to Mazak for nearly 3 weeks now on this. The second machine arrived in that time. The scheduler is giving us the used equipment treatment, working really hard not to schedule dates. We're not even saying soon, we're saying no dates- we can't get dates.

It's making Mazak look really weak. I bought one of these from a big distributor of theirs in Schaumburg Illinois Machinery Systems Inc. They said service is something they support but that Mazak has to schedule - so we have to middleman support with Mazak, knowing the Machinery Systems people we bought the machine from are probably available and don't have a reason not to help us because we bought this machine from them (one of the two) and yet we're getting dicked around here.

I don't understand why brands do this to people. It doesn't help. I've got $165,000 worth of machines We've invested in tooling and power installs, mistaways, air ducting, and we're sitting here with our dicks in our hands and it's not friendly.