DoesMAZAK have a software tool for Smart control large program management like Fanuc?

Thread: DoesMAZAK have a software tool for Smart control large program management like Fanuc?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DoesMAZAK have a software tool for Smart control large program management like Fanuc?

Does Mazak have a PC Tool for memory card Program editing and operation, like Fanuc has? Or are all the Mazak Smart control customers punished with no functional system memory? I'm reading a document about some half baked drip feed option customers might have to buy, which doesn't resolve the loss of program functionality in the "Smart" control. The Fanuc software tool (PC TOOL FOR MEMORY CARD PROGRAM EDITING/OPERATION) allows flash 2GB storage seen as fully editable and restartable program memory. It formats the card so that the control can see the program as internal program memory.

I saw a document about how maybe drip feed is a purchase required option, and drip feed is that horrible version where you have severe limitations on machine control and operation interfacing with the human operator, restarts, edits, subprogram calls, run verification etc. That wasn't a solution. Apparently program memory is only upgradeable to 2MB. That's severely limiting as well.

I just had this issue with a Doosan DNM5700, but the Fanuc Program memory tool resolved it completely by allowing a 2GB flash card to be recognized as internal program memory.

I'm looking at buying a smart machine, but I'm trying not to be instantly possessing a boat anchor that only resembles a functional CNC machine. With the Fanuc Doosan issue, we were late, had already bought and it contributed to a lot of lost payroll and downtime. I'm having issues calling Mazak and getting ahold of anyone with application knowledge to sort this out.

DoesMAZAK have a software tool for Smart control large program management like Fanuc?-fanuc-tool-v5-2-jpg