Need Help! Alarm 20 NMI emergency stop and alarm 204 spindle controller malfunction

Thread: Alarm 20 NMI emergency stop and alarm 204 spindle controller malfunction

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Alarm 20 NMI emergency stop and alarm 204 spindle controller malfunction

Hi
    I have a 1986 QT20N with Mazatrol T2 got from a auction with a spindle problem.
    On gear 1 machine get to 900 rpm but brake to 0 rpm is taking over 6 seconds. Acceleration to rpm's is ok.
    On gear 2 machine get to 2200 rpm but deceleration to 0 rpm is taking over 10 second. Even so! When machine is braking in gear 2 never manage to stop. I get Alarm 20 NMI emergency stop and Alarm 204 Spindle controller malfunction. Alarms are disappearing after shutdown an main braker in OFF position for couple seconds.
    I don't think it's normally for the machine to take so long to stop the spindle. I've seen some videos on YouTube and there was a much faster deceleration.
    It is reasonable to suspect that Alarms 20 and 204 have same cause?
    Anybody faced this issue?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Alarm 20 NMI emergency stop and alarm 204 spindle controller malfunction

Are there any brake resistors in this machine? Maybe are burned or disconnected. I don't know where to look.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Alarm 20 NMI emergency stop and alarm 204 spindle controller malfunction

I attached a video with this behavior. Any advice please?

Downloads
    Uploads

Please share the alarm occuring on the spindle drive unit as well. also mention the drive unit model

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi. Thanks for reply. It is a Fanuc a20b-1000-0693 controller. And I get Alarm no 2.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-J530F folosind Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry I have no idea about Fanuc controller with Mitsubishi drives