Problem Mazak M4, mazatrol T1, Z axis load meter problem

Thread: Mazak M4, mazatrol T1, Z axis load meter problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazak M4, mazatrol T1, Z axis load meter problem

Hello, Im having an intermittent false load indication on the mazatrol operator screen. The indicator is a bar type display that goes from 0 to 200% load. When M4 is powered up this display can have any reading between 0 and 200% and can change to any value at any time and is also active when Z axis is moved but not correct. I have checked current on z axis when load indication is high and shouldn't be and its always below 1 amp. I figured i'd toss this out there in case anyone has had this issue or has repair experience and can lead me in the right direction. Its been a very good machine and still making money but would like to repair load indication. So if anyone can drop me a clue it would be appreciated. Here are some of the things (all assumptions) i have found: I think the load indication is fed from a voltage drop across two .04 ohm resisters in parallel, that are in series with the Z axis motor. they are mounted to the outside of the spindle drive cabinet. The sense wires are fed to a LXADC-B (interface card???)in the NC then from that card to an LX131 (I/O card???) Ive gone over every connection from the LX131 card back to the resistors and checked all ground points. I believe the Z axis drive will still protect itself from high current because the load meter at 200% wont shut it down. Here is some machine info, Mazak M4, Mazatrol T1, 1982 Meldas-YL UL52B, axis module TRA61A, -Dave

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazak M4, mazatrol T1, Z axis load meter problem

Have you checked the brushes on the z axis motor. May need a clean out or replacement

Regards Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats good idea.Running job on it now but when done ill check motor. - Thanks Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got back to trouble shooting the z axis load meter problem few weeks ago. I pulled the z axis motor to check motor brush holders, brushes and com. Everything in the motor looked good
    The brushes were about 3/4 inches log com.had a nice patina so I cleaned around brush holder and put back in lathe but still had load meter problem. I had found a interface card on ebay for 35 bucks (LXADC-B). I installed it and the whole load meter display on crt went away all together. The card has the same part number and the same revision so im thinking there must be a bad card. But i believe i did find the problem. To change this card you have to remove two screws on the nc and the first two cards are on hinges so you tie them up while you change the interface card. this allowed me to run the lathe and have access to the card with the top two tied up out of the way. while pushing on components on the card i could make the load meter wig out. The problem part seems to be the isolation amp 5Z-21.Mazak M4, mazatrol T1, Z axis load meter problem-isolation-amp-jpg