Meldas 500 (520LR) will not power on.

Thread: Meldas 500 (520LR) will not power on.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meldas 500 (520LR) will not power on.

Hey guys,
    I have a meldas 500 on a Daewoo Puma 6S that occasionally will turn on, usually it doesnt. When I hit NC power and it does nothing (it might beep and I can hear the icecube relay in the controller click). Sometimes the screen goes all orange but doesn't display anything. I have tried all the easy stuff like reseating the boards and checking for damage. The QX141-1 unit has one red led (deep inside on one of the small pcbs attached to the main pbc).

It looks like I have good power but some random short causing this issue. But I know little about the Mitsubishi control so any help is appreciated.

The battery tested at 3v.

Thanks in advance!
    David

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Meldas 500 (520LR) will not power on.

On QX141, there are 2 led on top and 2 on the bottom side. ie QX141-1 LED 1 and LED 2 status and QX721/722 LED1 and LED 2 status ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

LED 1 is red LED 2 is green.
    I believe the issue is on the 141 board. I will likely buy a board on ebay or send it in for service w/ mits. Ebay is 800-1200 and service is 1200. Part of me wants to try to fix the board myself, the issue is I do not see any bad traces or obvious problems so I would just be guessing.

Downloads
    Uploads

There may be multiple cause for LED 1 red watch dog alarm

1) Please remove all the input out put cards (QX531) and then power on the machine to check if LED 1 is still red or not.
    2) Need to remove QX521 / QX524 to check if LED 1 changes or not. In case the QX521 has an additional memory PCB QX423/QX424 mounted on it, then please do not carry out this step.

The new QX141 does not come with QX423 and QX721 normally. This has to be removed from old QX141 and replace it into new. The LED 1 red, can also be caused due to malfunctioning of QX423 or QX721 as well.

What are the LED status on all the drives?
    Do you have the complete machine backup ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

1) Please remove all the input out put cards (QX531) and then power on the machine to check if LED 1 is still red or not.
    >I do not have a 531 card
    From left to right I have a QX084, QX141-1, QX521, QX533
    2) Need to remove QX521 / QX524 to check if LED 1 changes or not. In case the QX521 has an additional memory PCB QX423/QX424 mounted on it, then please do not carry out this step.
    >QX521 removal does not turn off watchdog led on the QX721.

The new QX141 does not come with QX423 and QX721 normally. This has to be removed from old QX141 and replace it into new. The LED 1 red, can also be caused due to malfunctioning of QX423 or QX721 as well.
    >Good point. I also am hesitant to send the QX141 in as it will loose parameters.

>See attached picture. Drives read 6 (or b), AA and AA.

>I believe so. When the machine started failing I backed up parameters. Attached with pictures. I have never backed up mitsubishi parameters before so idk if they are correct.

I have also gotten two errors recently that I never got before, once after I tried to "machine ready" once during boot I believe. One was Illegal Instruction one was address error.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meldas 500 (520LR) will not power on.-img_20180705_110656-jpg   Meldas 500 (520LR) will not power on.-img_20180705_111222-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by davidrvalencia View Post
    >I do not have a 531 card
    From left to right I have a QX084, QX141-1, QX521, QX533 >> Please remove QX533 and check
    >QX521 removal does not turn off watchdog led on the QX721. >> LED 1 of QX141 or QX721, which is on ?

>Good point. I also am hesitant to send the QX141 in as it will loose parameters.

>See attached picture. Drives read 6 (or b), AA and AA.

>I believe so. When the machine started failing I backed up parameters. Attached with pictures. I have never backed up mitsubishi parameters before so idk if they are correct. >> parameters, fixed cycles, ladder.. These are important. WIth Mitsubishi, the service team has an offline tool, which will help to take the complete backup, and copy it into memory cassette.

I have also gotten two errors recently that I never got before, once after I tried to "machine ready" once during boot I believe. One was Illegal Instruction one was address error.

PLease check the above mentioned and let me know

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

With 533 removed the red led 1 on 721 turns on with NC power, turns off for a second, then turns back to solid red.
    With 521 removal the red led on 721 is lit solid red as soon as NC power is on and stays solid red no blinking.

The red watchdog led on 721 has been lit for a while even when the machine seemed to be working right.

With regards to machine backup, I only have the one file that was attached in my last post. I believe it is the parameters I do not know if the ladder and fix cycles are included. To have access to the tool you mentioned I assume a Mitsubishi tech would have to come onsite?

Thanks for your help!
    David

Downloads
    Uploads

Mitsubishi technician would be required taking the offline backup. I guess maybe the QX721 card is malfunctioning. How about the NC unit fan. Is it working properly or drawing more current?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi

solved the problem, I have the same problem MELDAS 515LWY in my machine I have installed QX084, QX141 internal QX423 AND QX722, QX521, QX539. I have no video signal and QX722 led1 lit red watchdog on all the time.

With the LED 1 of the QX722 I cannot reset the memory. when I remove the QX722 the relays turn on, PLC starts I can reset the eeprom but I don't have video of the software

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Meldas 500 (520LR) will not power on.-20200826_210253-jpg   Meldas 500 (520LR) will not power on.-20200826_193645-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

With 533 removed the red led 1 on 721 turns on with NC power, turns off for a second, then turns back to solid red.
    With 521 removal the red led on 721 is lit solid red as soon as NC power is on and stays solid red no blinking.

The red watchdog led on 721 has been lit for a while even when the machine seemed to be working right.

With regards to machine backup, I only have the one file that was attached in my last post. I believe it is the parameters I do not know if the ladder and fix cycles are included. To have access to the tool you mentioned I assume a Mitsubishi tech would have to come onsite?

Thanks for your help!
    David
    Hi, have you figured out the problem? I have same problem. Please let me know how to solve. Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys,
    I have a meldas 500 on a Daewoo Puma 6S that occasionally will turn on, usually it doesnt. When I hit NC power and it does nothing (it might beep and I can hear the icecube relay in the controller click). Sometimes the screen goes all orange but doesn't display anything. I have tried all the easy stuff like reseating the boards and checking for damage. The QX141-1 unit has one red led (deep inside on one of the small pcbs attached to the main pbc).

It looks like I have good power but some random short causing this issue. But I know little about the Mitsubishi control so any help is appreciated.

The battery tested at 3v.

Thanks in advance!
    David
    Quite common for the 24v power supply for proximity switches and other items to be pulled down and prevent NC on.
    I would remove the 24v output wire or connector initially to see if control comes on, albeit with umteen alarms.

Then check for a short.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am not familiar with the M500, but I know on the M3xx series of controls, the control will not power on if the RS232 is shorted somewhere. This can happen if you have an incorrectly wired adapter, often known as a gender bender, or similar device. If you are having power issues, I would suggest that you temporarily remove all serial cables. If possible, I would do this all the way back at the control.