VQC 20/50 drive adjustment

Thread: VQC 20/50 drive adjustment

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VQC 20/50 drive adjustment

G'day all,
    does anyone have the procedure for adjusting the TRA31/41 drives. I have some information on the drives and what the adjustable resistors do but It doesn't tell you the sequence of adjustments. I know that the droop has to be zero and the gain 33 @1000p/m but when I set to that the table shakes so am guessing that some of the others need to be adjusted first to correct this.

Thanks for any help

Cheers Bob

Similar Threads:
    Regards Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VQC 20/50 drive adjustment

Hi Bob, my be you have a mechanical problem!
    All best
    Stan

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910C mit Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Stan,
    I have just replaced the X axis motor and it will just sit there and shudder until I adjust the gain or the offset but if I home it or move the axis it will do the same. If it was mechanical it would only do it when I move the axis then stop when the axis is stopped. Thanks for the reply and I hope you are enjoying the summer why we freeze our nuts off lol.
    Cheers Bob

Quote Originally Posted by mazak-user View Post
    Hi Bob, my be you have a mechanical problem!
    All best
    Stan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Sudsy,

I have a similar problem on my VQC20/40. When I tried to move the Z axis the head shudders up and down. Last time I turned the machine on the shuddering started before I moved anything so had to shut it down immediately. I have replaced the TRA41 drive a while ago but never adjusted it because of uncertainty over the sequence of adjustments. Now I am going to have to do something. I have got the MELDAS DRIVE AMPLIFIER MAINTENANCE MANUAL (II) from the Net, which offers a few clues. Speed loop compensation and speed loop gain adjustment look like the most promising, but as an amateur it is hard to know where to start. I am thinking of measuring the other TRA41 values and copying the settings to the bad drive. Anybody else have some ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by richardnz04 View Post
    Hi Sudsy,

I have a similar problem on my VQC20/40. When I tried to move the Z axis the head shudders up and down. Last time I turned the machine on the shuddering started before I moved anything so had to shut it down immediately. I have replaced the TRA41 drive a while ago but never adjusted it because of uncertainty over the sequence of adjustments. Now I am going to have to do something. I have got the MELDAS DRIVE AMPLIFIER MAINTENANCE MANUAL (II) from the Net, which offers a few clues. Speed loop compensation and speed loop gain adjustment look like the most promising, but as an amateur it is hard to know where to start. I am thinking of measuring the other TRA41 values and copying the settings to the bad drive. Anybody else have some ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by pontiacg5 View Post
    I have a 1995 FJV-20 and the left way cover for the x axis is falling off. Does anyone know of any good aftermarket covers or used parts places for these or would I be better off going to Mazak directly?

Thanks!
    Hi,

You got the cover for your machine?

Best regards
    Stanislav Pinteric

Hi,
    Look at first about motor, Tacho on the backside of the motor and last encoder on the other side.

I think you have a problem with your Tacho TT-A-II. Change it between 2 axis.

Best regards
    Stanislav Pinteric

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Stanislav,

Thanks for your advice. I have a spare tacho. I will try it tomorrow,

Regards

Richard

Downloads
    Uploads

The replacement encoder TT-A-11 seems to have fixed the shuddering. It was fiddly to get access to the screws and work out how to rotate the spindle, but I got there in the end. We machined a few items but I notice that the z-axis load meter seemed to run unusually high at times. At rest, and using the handwheel on x10, I get 0-5 % load with one click down, but 20-40% on one click up. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Richard

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by richardnz04 View Post
    The replacement encoder TT-A-11 seems to have fixed the shuddering. It was fiddly to get access to the screws and work out how to rotate the spindle, but I got there in the end. We machined a few items but I notice that the z-axis load meter seemed to run unusually high at times. At rest, and using the handwheel on x10, I get 0-5 % load with one click down, but 20-40% on one click up. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Richard
    One of my VQC-15/40 does the same thing with the load meter. The problem is with the hydraulic counter balance not the drive or encoder.