Need Help! DNC trouble Meldas

Thread: DNC trouble Meldas

Downloads
    Uploads

Default DNC trouble Meldas

Hello everyone.

I need help whit my PC to CNC connection. The machine is a Chen-Ho with a Mitsubishi Meldas 520 controller.

Everything has worked fine with sending programs to the machine for a few years.
    Machine have 25pin connection, computer USB. I used 25pin to 9pin cable (2,5m) to usb-adapter to active usb-cable (20m). This worked for a year. Before that i used another computer whitch had a 9pin connection.

Anyhow, suddently it stopped working, the computer alarmed that the USB-port demanded to much power and the adapter was i little bit warm. I changed the USB-adapter and USB-cable and it worked again. After maybe two hours it was the same again. Only this time no alarm on the computer and no heat, just no connection. The DNC-program could not find the COM-port for the cable. At this point I replaced the power-supply in the PC, just to try something.

Then I ordered a new 20m 25pin to 9pin cable and a new USB-adapter. This worked for a little more than a day, it stopped in the middle of drip-feeding. Now the alarm physical error E08 occurs in the machine so it appears as if there is some sort of connection. Also the DNC-program can still find the COM-port. All the parameters are the same as before in both computer and machine.

I tried whit my old 25pin to 9pin cable and a new USB-adapter but it doesnt work either.

I have checked the cable in the cabinet of the machine and all wiring looks fine.

I dont know what to do next.

Very greatful for any help!

Thanks,

/Samuel Olsson, Sweden