Mazatrol EIA Dash control Illegal Interupt Error.

Thread: Mazatrol EIA Dash control Illegal Interupt Error.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazatrol EIA Dash control Illegal Interupt Error.

I have a QT-6G. Today I powered up the lathe and set up a new job and everything worked fine, including all axis, servo and control functions. Once I hit the "File Program" function to load a program I received an "illegal interrupt error" and the control locked up solid and I had to cut main power to shut it down. Problem was persistent and I suspected possible garbaged data in program memory. I checked main pcb back-up battery and it was down to 1.2 volts from the normal 3 volts. I logged all parameters and tool data then replaced the battery. Once powered up again I got the "illegal interrupt error" as soon as the control finished booting. I reset the pcb using the reset pins on the pcb thinking that memory may have not been fully cleared during battery change. On power up same problem persists.

During power up the LEDs on the PCB follow normal sequence and the servos power up for a second at the end of the boot process, then the error appears, both error LEDs light and the servos shut down.

I know this is a long shot but any help would be appreciated. Especially if someones feels that I was going down the right road with the back-up battery but maybe I didn't clear the PCB memory correctly.

Thanks,

Gary

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazatrol EIA Dash control Illegal Interupt Error.

Quote Originally Posted by cinman View Post
    I have a QT-6G. Today I powered up the lathe and set up a new job and everything worked fine, including all axis, servo and control functions. Once I hit the "File Program" function to load a program I received an "illegal interrupt error" and the control locked up solid and I had to cut main power to shut it down. Problem was persistent and I suspected possible garbaged data in program memory. I checked main pcb back-up battery and it was down to 1.2 volts from the normal 3 volts. I logged all parameters and tool data then replaced the battery. Once powered up again I got the "illegal interrupt error" as soon as the control finished booting. I reset the pcb using the reset pins on the pcb thinking that memory may have not been fully cleared during battery change. On power up same problem persists.

During power up the LEDs on the PCB follow normal sequence and the servos power up for a second at the end of the boot process, then the error appears, both error LEDs light and the servos shut down.

I know this is a long shot but any help would be appreciated. Especially if someones feels that I was going down the right road with the back-up battery but maybe I didn't clear the PCB memory correctly.

Thanks,

Gary
    Could you share me the parameter file? thank you very much

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi cinman

Could you confirm if the QT6G is with a Mitsubishi M64 controller.

If yes, at the time of alarm occurrence, what is the status of 7 seg LED on the controller. Also please check if the WDER led is lit red or not.

The reset pin is just for re-boot, it will not erase the memory

Downloads
    Uploads

Potrei condividere i parametri di un qt6 Mazak?
    Grazie tante

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cinman View Post

Thanks,

Gary
    Bonjour cinman
    Est ce que t'as trouvé une solution pour l'alarme elligal interrupt

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ennovation View Post
    Bonjour cinman
    Est ce que t'as trouvé une solution pour l'alarme elligal interrupt
    I've the same problem with a QT200 (that we've just purchased)
    I need only to change battery ? Or may be parameters have been lost ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Pierre Erik

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everybody,

I purchaused a MAZAK QT 6T but it doesn't work due to this error code: ILLEGAL INTERRUPT !! , and with an hexadecimal code.

I attache picture for this issue. Coul dyou please tell me if some one has find the solutions ?

Thank you for your help , I will be gratefull !!!