leadwell w/meldas m50 tool change issue

Thread: leadwell w/meldas m50 tool change issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Question leadwell w/meldas m50 tool change issue

hello all, im trying to fix our leadwell vmc25 that has a meldas m50 control. the battery died during the year. so after searching the forums i have managed to load the parameters back into the machine, aswell as the ladder that was stored in the rom. the tool changer wouldnt work at all until the tool change program was written back into 9001 and i told it what tool was in the spindle and what the current position of the carrosuel was (plc r1954 r1984) because it doesnt have a home sensor for the carrosuel.

it will tool change perfectly from the position screen when you enter ...T1 :input: M6 :input:

but if i try to tool change in MDI or in a program i get an error P232 No program no. according to the books, it means it cant find the subprogram.

i had the 1166 fixpro parameter set to 1 for writing the 9001 program and the m6 command is installed into the macro parameter section as it should be.

any ideas?, only thing i can think of is that there is a hex value in the plc if equilivant to 9001 that tells the ladder where to look?

thanks

mick

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: leadwell w/meldas m50 tool change issue

Well have the tool changer working properly now. Entered the 9001 tool change program in as a normal program without the fixpro and locked it with edit lock c ( #1121=1) machine is working really nice now, seems better than before it lost its memory lol.

Mick.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mick,

Same thing happened to my Leadwell V40 with Meldas M50 control. Dang battery! I have everything back to normal except for my tool changer. When I try to load the tool change program to the #30 macros I get an error. Are you saying that I need to load the tool change program as a "main" program and keep it in the memory of a control as I would a part program?

My machine will also make a tool change from the position screen..... It seems as though we have the exact same problem. Hopefully with your help I can get it figured out!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys

Yes I to lost all in the Meldas M50 on my V15 and yes it was the Battery but I did buy it like this with other problems I now have it all working now except for the tool changer I do have the 9001 program in the main program and it runs to a point and then waits for ever. The carrosuel seems to be in the right postion for a tool change. I do not know how it interacts with the plc side and if this is the problem ? I need help.

Robert