Newbie Extract Data from Mazak Controllers

Thread: Extract Data from Mazak Controllers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Extract Data from Mazak Controllers

Hi. What are my options, other than MTConnect, for extracting production data from the various Mazatrol controllers?

For newer machines running Windows, I can add a network card and write Windows programs to capture the data if that is possible.

Thanks,

Arthur

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Extract Data from Mazak Controllers

You can get all you need out of dprint.
    We have a matrix and output values from a renishaw probe as well as inputting values into variables from an excel spread sheet. We also run cyber scheduler and monitor. Monitor also emails any alarm or machine conditions you select.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

CIMCO software can be used to monitor Machine Data.
    This supports, DPRNT also & MTConnect also.

We offer a turn-key solution using CIMCO.

Deepak
    digitechpune@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I use camlink from Griffo Brothers or Mazlink.

Downloads
    Uploads

For Matrix controls, the running machine page info is saved on the machine in *.lbd files going back a year.
    C:\RUNMNG\LOG\*.lbd You can export 7 days at a time from the file menu to C:\RUNMNG\CSV\*.csv files and then work with that in Excel

I have mostly decoded the header labels to something meaningful and made a vbs script to convert most of the lbd data to csv files like what the machine outputs. Error codes are only partly decoded.
    I attached a zip with my lbd_to_csv.vbs and 2 library vbs files it uses if anyone wants to play with it or read it to figure out the columns. This is probably horrible code thrown together, but it works. Lots of comments on the .CSV file data.
    But the real work is making nice presentations of the data if someone wants to take a go at that.

Edit: My log files are from a QTN 250MSY There are columns that my machine does not use and other will. Anyone with other machine types that want to share .lbd and .csv files along with info on the machine I'll take a look at it.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dpuch; 05-29-2015 at 12:18 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dpuch View Post
    I attached a zip with my lbd_to_csv.vbs and 2 library vbs files it uses if anyone wants to play with it or read it to figure out the columns. This is probably horrible code thrown together, but it works. Lots of comments on the .CSV file data.
    But the real work is making nice presentations of the data if someone wants to take a go at that.

Edit: My log files are from a QTN 250MSY There are columns that my machine does not use and other will. Anyone with other machine types that want to share .lbd and .csv files along with info on the machine I'll take a look at it.
    Hi, I would like to see those files as I´m also trying to make sense of the CSV file. In this case, I´m working with a QTN100-II MS. I don´t see them attached to the post. How can I get them?

Downloads
    Uploads

ialso have Extract Data from Mazak Controllers problem
    what is mazak smart MTConnect default port number?5000?7878?or other?

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Re: Extract Data from Mazak Controllers

Dear Mr Dale Puch,

could help me out? I need to port your lbd_to_csv.vbs script to perl and make it work on Linux. I have no problem to get my hands dirty, however, I an not an advanced programmer nor I have any experience with vb scripting. All I would need is the algorithm you used to decode the Mazak LBD log binary data to ASCII.

Here's a list of the main issues I currently have:

(1) I can successfully convert only some LBD logs. Some would complain (see error.png).
    (2) When I view the logs that I can successfully convert, using (for example) `xxd -ps 20190304.lbd`, it is mostly zero only. There is something I miss (probably somthing with the info on lines 67-99 in lbd_to_csv.vbs).
    (3) We need to have the program name currently running on the machine, but after the conversion, it is somehow scrumbled. Our program names consist of numbers only (about 5 to 7 digits in length), however, in the .csv it is mostly about 3 chars long and many times it starts with letter w.

Anyway, nice work and thank you for sharing!

Content of the attached zip file:
    (1) error.png (error message that your script throws on some LBD files when trying to convert them)
    (2) 20190304_bin_output (output of `xxd -ps 20190304.lbd | tr -d '\n'`)
    (3) 20190304.lbd
    (4) 20190304_.csv (converted by your script)

Downloads
    Uploads

Post Re: Extract Data from Mazak Controllers

An update for the vbs script I uploaded a few years ago. I added support for LBA files from older controls, and also larger 1.1MB lbd files from smooth controls.

Enjoy

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dpuch View Post
    An update for the vbs script I uploaded a few years ago. I added support for LBA files from older controls, and also larger 1.1MB lbd files from smooth controls.

Enjoy
    I can retrieve the .lbd files from the controller & have setup the folder for the csv output - do I need to set a paarameter or change a setting to output the csv - the folder is empty!

Cheers in advance!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi dpuch, I'm looking to expand on your research, I have enabled the folder to csv output on the machine C:\RUNMG\CSV (or something similar ) - the folder however isn't getting populated with a csv, the lbd file is still updating. Do I need to enable something on the controller to print out the csv file?

Any help would be appreciated

Hi all,

I had tried to covert the .lbd file to CSV and still unable to do so. Can u please advise how to convert that file? Thank you very much.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by aishah View Post
    Hi all,

I had tried to covert the .lbd file to CSV and still unable to do so. Can u please advise how to convert that file? Thank you very much.
    Hi.

Probably not the most active thread, but I'll give it a go anyways.

Aishah, you just have to drag, and drop the .lbd file on the script named "lbd_to_csv.vbs", and it will be converted to csv.

Thanks for sharing this dpuch.

Have you also been able to decode everything in the outputted csv files?