MAZAK QT8 T Plus Help!!!!

Thread: MAZAK QT8 T Plus Help!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default MAZAK QT8 T Plus Help!!!!

Hello. I have a QT8 with a T plus color control with graphics.

I don't use the machine often, (it has under 1000 hours on it since new in 1998) but for a while now, I had to turn it off and on a few times before it would "catch" and power up. It's getting harder and harder to get it to start. Here's what happens....

I turn the main power on, and all the fans run normal. Then when I push the control power on switch, it takes a few seconds and I get an empty white framed box on the bottom right side of the screen, and the only other lights I get are the line of red zero's for spindle and feed. The hydraulic pumps don't come up or anything.

Usually, if I turn it off and then back on a few times it will start, but I can't be sure it will start at the moment I need it. Sometimes it takes me a couple hours of trying, and letting it rest, then trying, and letting it rest before it will finally power up.

If there's anyone out there that really knows Mazak, can you please help me get this solved so I can count on my machine again?

Jay

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default same problem here...

have you already solved this problem...?

Downloads
    Uploads

No not yet. The machine is still sitting here.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Weak power supply??

What do the LEDs on PCB behind the keyboard say?? Sounds like the oprator panel is not communicating with the controller.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkin View Post
    Weak power supply??

What do the LEDs on PCB behind the keyboard say?? Sounds like the oprator panel is not communicating with the controller.
    We had a similar problem with a SQT-18. It was a bad plug connection on the keyboard circuit board. I would try reseating all the plugs and ribbon connectors. If that doesn't do it, work your way to the NC and reseat the boards and Honda plugs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkin View Post
    Weak power supply??

First of all, thank you to everyone in advance for your help.

I opened the control box and swung the control panel open. The (3) LED's on the board on the back of the control panel reads as follows......

LED 1 = Blinking green..... (Marked "Mon")

LED 2 = Not lit, dark........ (Marked "RD")

LED 3 = Steady green....... (Marked "SD")

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, I had a Friend/Technician stop by tonight and we did a little more digging. Battery is 2.9 to 3.0 volts. Power on the back of the control panel tested at 12 Volts. Power Supplies on the back of the machine tested at 24V.

We opened the back of the machine and observed the boards.

The 4 led's on the Q524 board and the two on the Q141 board function as listed below.

Here's the LED sequence upon trying to boot.............

Both LED's on the Q141 light green, then when the second LED down on the Q524 board lights green, the top LED on the Q141 board goes out. Then the bottom LED on the Q524 board turns red, floowed by the top LED on the Q141 board turning to red.

This leaves me with the top LED on the Q141 board red, the second LED down on the Q524 board green, and the bottom LED on the Q524 board red.

Also, all connectors on the back of the control panel were reseated, the connector on the spindle encoder was reseated, and the Mitsubishi boards were reaseated.

Hope this helps.............

Downloads
    Uploads

Make sure you're getting 100VAC to the power supply on the keypad board. I believe that comes from the NC power supply.
    If you have similar machines, try swapping NC boards.
    Sometimes a bad board will overload the NC power supply. Try pulling one NC card at a time partially out and then booting up and see if anything improves.
    Sometimes it's not the board that is bad but the I/O to the board that overloads it. If you suspect a board, disconnect any cables one at a time and reboot.
    Try tapping on the NC boards and power supply. They have little relays and sometimes you can get a bad contact to work momentarily by tapping.
    Do you have any documentation on the T Plus? There might be info on the boards and LED status.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Was this ever solved, I'm having the same issue. Would love to chat about what you learned.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird22 View Post
    First of all, thank you to everyone in advance for your help.

I opened the control box and swung the control panel open. The (3) LED's on the board on the back of the control panel reads as follows......

LED 1 = Blinking green..... (Marked "Mon")

LED 2 = Not lit, dark........ (Marked "RD")

LED 3 = Steady green....... (Marked "SD")

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MAZAK QT8 T Plus Help!!!!

is the issue resolved sabrewhite?