Need Help! Meldas 300 Data Protecting

Thread: Meldas 300 Data Protecting

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meldas 300 Data Protecting

I have a MHI lathe that the battery went dead and im tring to get it going again. I have all the steps to do so but when i get to the format part in the data I/O erase screen it doesn't let me even curser over to type in format. It gives me a data protecting alarm. I have found edit lock C and B both are off.
    I have been told that edit lock A is on witch should be a key switch but there isn't one on the machine. I have also talked to Mit. and they have told me I can change Y238 bit to 0 and that should do it but it won't (or I don't know the proper way to change it) let me do that either. please help

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can change Y238 to 0 through the PLC I/F page. Under DEVICE type the address (Y238), under DATA type 0, and under MODE type 2 and then try to format. Do not power off and on before formatting as this will change Y238 back to a 1.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Machine parameter selection

Press the {PLC-I/F} menu key on the diagnosis {DIAG} menu

Set 1001 into DEVICE {}
    Leaves DATA {} blank
    Set M into MODE {}

Press the {INPUT} key

THIS SHOULD DISABLE THE DATA PROTECTING

To return to the user parameter display, either switch the power ON and then OFF once or proceed with the following operation:

Set 1001 into DEVICE {}
    Set U into MODE {}

Press the {INPUT} key

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

DATA PROTECT KEY 1
    M31OM,L : Y1B8 Y338
    M320, 330, 335 : Y238
    M330HL : Y238

DATA PROTECT KEY 2
    M31OM, L : Y1B9 Y339
    M320, 330, 335 : Y239
    KEY2 M330HL : Y239

DATA PROTECT KEY 3
    M31OM,L : YIBA Y33A
    M320, 330, 335 : Y23A
    M330HL : Y23A

So make sure to take care of all three signals. Also, I think they should all be set to "1" for not protected, and "0" for protected. Cheers.

Default Re: Meldas 300 Data Protecting

Yo!
    I'm in the EXACT same boat as you, on a MTC10-B lathe. Did you ever figure out how to get through this hurdle? I've talked to Mitz, went step by step through their process, only to be met with the same "DATA PROTECTING" alarm. Kinda sucks sack because the machine is super nice with parameters mostly intact as the only alarms are Z56 FIX_P REENTRY and Z70 ABS ERROR being displayed.

Hudley Stungwell

PLEASE,
    If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. This is an outstanding piece of equipment that I am not able to utilize because of this issue. These are the only two alarms showing, and it appears that all of the parameters are actually still intact; based on the paperwork with the machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Meldas 300 Data Protecting

I have suddenly the same message on screen. Cannot edit program, nor create new program. Machine was/is running, making same part it was making before the error showed up, holding same tolerance. The key lock in front on control makes no difference whther it is in off or on position. ALmost to end of this run, will need to program new part soon. Any ideas?
    Meldas L3 control