Need Help! New to Mazak's TOOL ARM PROBLEM

Thread: New to Mazak's TOOL ARM PROBLEM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New to Mazak's TOOL ARM PROBLEM

Been in the trade 30+ years worked on a lot of machines but now i'm stumped,
    My new company has a Mazak AJV-18N with an M32A control. One of our operators messed up and had to get maintenance department involved to try to get working, well they re-initalized the control and lost all the programs stored in the machine. The programmer i took over for never removed the programs from the controller and saved them on a server.. I got a post for Mastercam to do EIA/ISO, got cable made and communication working. Now i need to get the machine to work, current situation is the tool changer, cannot get machine to change tools in mdi. The arm is 45' to table keep getting alarms 289 + 292. Does anyone know how to get the arm back into position ? Also does this take standard T#M6 commands?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Reinitialized the control to get a stuck arm fixed??

Anyway, not all help but some....

Machine takes a T#M6 command. In fact, you can also call the next tool in the same line like this: T#T#M6 The first T is spindle, the 2nd T is next tool or ready tool.

I can't hardly remember a M32 control but there also should be a Maintenance button on the keyboard with some ATC function controls. Should be able to swing the arm back from there as well? Otherwise, I think theres a solenoid you can force the plunger to swing the arm back.

It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Psychomill. Original problem was operator shut machine off with X in overtravel
    and we couldn't get it back, maintenance decided it was their job and it just went downhill from there. Did the T#m6, control would alarm out, had to do T###M6. Got more alarms, machine is going out to the scrap pile. Bought a new Haas, normal language machine (real G code).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

MAZAK V515 261 ATC ARM RETRACT SENSOR MALF HAVING A PROBLEM CAN ANY ONE HELP WITH THIA ALARM ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

M33 is to call the arm out and M34 is to put the arm back in. In the mazak m32 I use, i just press the mdi button and msr unit in and msr unit out come out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to Mazak's TOOL ARM PROBLEM

Could you send more technical information about Mazatrol M32

mario.mundaca@outlook.com

Thanks