Required Steps to Draw New CNC

Thread: Required Steps to Draw New CNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Required Steps to Draw New CNC

Never done this before and my experience in McX5 is below average but I’m attempting to draw my next cnc in McX5. It will be a 3 axis 3 stepper mottos table cnc with the base 36”x48”x8” high and all will be made from aluminum plate/flatbar 3/8” – 1/2: thick. The drawing will only include the structural components and not details like motors, linear guides etc.

On the first layer I made already the base, a rectangle 36”x48”x8” and I wonder should I make it a solid and if yes what are the commands?

The second layer will be the gantry which includes the X axis and the third layer will be the Z axis.

All layers will start at the origin and will be on the second quadrant (between 12 o’clock and three o’clock)

When all is complete how can I merge all 3 layer to have a complete cnc?
    Is this approach a good way to proceed or there are better alternatives?

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Required Steps to Draw New CNC

Ki Kolias - can you link us to the McX5 cad? Can't find it or is it the dental cad system? Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Ki Kolias - can you link us to the McX5 cad? Can't find it or is it the dental cad system? Peter
    Sorry mate, I don’t understand the question, link Mastercam X5 to what?

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Kolia - When I did a search for McX5 it came up with a dental cad system Mastercam makes sense. I haven't used mastercam so can't help with specifics. Someone else will need to guide you. But usually you build all components in correct place no matter what layer your in, so no need to "merge" as such as they are where they should be. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi Kolia - When I did a search for McX5 it came up with a dental cad system Mastercam makes sense. I haven't used mastercam so can't help with specifics. Someone else will need to guide you. But usually you build all components in correct place no matter what layer your in, so no need to "merge" as such as they are where they should be. Peter
    I thought layers are a convenient way to organize your parts but its ok, I find it easier to work without them.
    Thanks

Nicolas