Mastercam 2017 Gcode issue

Thread: Mastercam 2017 Gcode issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mastercam 2017 Gcode issue

Hi Guys

Basically, milling a rectangle (test) 1mm deep (so basically 2 cuts) (250mmX145mm) at 0.5mm increments using dynamic contour milling in 2D.
    This should be a short straight forward G code program but when I generate the G code its thousands of lines of code and each axis traveling in a straight-line X and Y shows coordinates traveling 0.1mm at a time each line of code. (Explains why the G code is so long).
    Just wondering what I'm doing wrong, is there a setting or am I just using the wrong milling function i.e. not dynamic contour milling???

Thanks guys.
    Bart

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mastercam 2017 Gcode issue

Yeah....
    You have realised it is a simple path you need
    ...so...
    A simple 2D_Contour operation using wireframe geometry. Set the operation parameters as required.

Remember to NOT tie yourself into knots by setting everything you can see on the more complicated ops, as too much setting can block some paths from actually giving what you are really needing.

Here is a hint that many don't know...where milling stock material is defined

Facing operation with NO wireframe selected actually uses the stock material as the boundary.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mastercam 2017 Gcode issue

Ok cool.
    I just realized i can use slot mill in 2D with 0 overstep