G-Code Explanation

Thread: G-Code Explanation

Downloads
    Uploads

Default G-Code Explanation

In my new cnc I try to cut a pattern which I always use to see how a new cnc works. The pattern has a lot of curves and the current cnc cuts ok but on the curves the cut its “jerky” like cuts a portion of the curve and then kind of jumps to the next portion of the same curve. The final cut is good, it’s just the jerking action which I see during the cut and it feels not normal since it should be like cutting a straight line. In my older cnc this didn’t happen, the cnc was cutting all curves like cutting a straight line.

I have attach portion of the code from both the new cnc (1 NEW Victorian Square) and the older cnc (2 OLD Victorian Square). Unfortunately I don’t have the old cnc MCx5 file to see what settings I had to produce the code, I only kept the code.

When I compare the 2 codes I can only see that the old code has a lot of G01 and G02 lines and the new code only has G01 lines. If this is the problem what I have to do in the new MCx5 file to produce a proper code which cuts the curves like the straight lines (without jerking)?

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G-Code Explanation-2-old-victorian-square-jpg   G-Code Explanation-1-new-victorian-square-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G-Code Explanation

Quote Originally Posted by kolias View Post
    In my new cnc I try to cut a pattern which I always use to see how a new cnc works. The pattern has a lot of curves and the current cnc cuts ok but on the curves the cut its “jerky” like cuts a portion of the curve and then kind of jumps to the next portion of the same curve. The final cut is good, it’s just the jerking action which I see during the cut and it feels not normal since it should be like cutting a straight line. In my older cnc this didn’t happen, the cnc was cutting all curves like cutting a straight line.

I have attach portion of the code from both the new cnc (1 NEW Victorian Square) and the older cnc (2 OLD Victorian Square). Unfortunately I don’t have the old cnc MCx5 file to see what settings I had to produce the code, I only kept the code.

When I compare the 2 codes I can only see that the old code has a lot of G01 and G02 lines and the new code only has G01 lines. If this is the problem what I have to do in the new MCx5 file to produce a proper code which cuts the curves like the straight lines (without jerking)?

Thanks
    Two very different programs one is following the curves and the other is not, this has to be something in the cam program not setup correct, that is not following the drawing in the Cam program for the tool parth

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks mastec54, I know it’s related to the Cam program but I can’t figure out yet where I make the mistake.

Hope someone may point the mistake

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally I found the answer to this problem”

In the Cut Parameters page, “Compensation Type” you must select “Computer”

Then the produced code will include the G02 which includes the “I” and “J” values for smooth curves

Nicolas