help needed with model validation

Thread: help needed with model validation

Downloads
    Uploads

Default help needed with model validation

so I am fairly new to CNC machining. I am making my models using shapr3d and then sending them off to a CNC manufacturing company for production. Up until now I have had no issues and all of my models have been produced with no problem... until now

I have made up a new model which seems totally fine to me, but when i sent to the CNC company the technician said that he cant make it because of some errors when opening the file in mastercam. the frustrating part for me is that he hasnt given many any additional information about what exactly the issue.

So i would like to know if there is anybody on this forum who would be willing to open up my models in mastercam and take a quick look and see what the issue is so then i can fix the model and get my parts produced.

please if there is anybody who is willing to help then ping me and i will send my files across to you

regards
    shyam

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: help needed with model validation

Hi Shyam - What format have you been exporting to the machinist? If your using step or parasolid (shapr is parasolid native) the the export will have a log file that you can look at to ensure the export is good. Plus reimport it back into shapr or prefer another CAD system to check the import is good. As you say its been fine in the past so what has happened now? I don't use Mastercam but exports are usually good in most CAD systems... Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

i have been exporting and sending STEP files to them. I will take a look around for the logfile you mentioned

Downloads
    Uploads

We have had many issue with Catia file errors in MC as well. We switched to NX and had no more issues.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FLAST View Post
    We have had many issue with Catia file errors in MC as well. We switched to NX and had no more issues.
    That means you're on the right track. Congratulations.lolbeans