Moving objects in MastercamX5

Thread: Moving objects in MastercamX5

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Moving objects in MastercamX5

I got the large circle shown in the attached into MasterCamX5 but when I went to scale to the size I want I forgot to click the “Move” button instead of the “Copy” so it just copy the new smaller scale almost on top of the big circle.

When I go to select entities in either circle part of the other circle is also highlighted. I’m new to Mastercam so how I can select either circle to move it away from the other so I can edit what I want?

Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moving objects in MastercamX5-latest-medalion-jpg  
    Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Moving objects in MastercamX5

Undo, then re-do with "move" selected...

Note!....nothing is copied, moved, altered etc until you select the accept(green tick) button

When items are still in the red/pink colours, they are placed into temporary groups, red being the original, pink being new entities. These can be selected by different methods, groups, select only, select all.

These methods are lost upon clearing the screen colors.

If you have cleared colors, close/reopened part. Then there is only 1 method remaining... manual select & delete.

Hint!... hold down the shift key to do a chain select

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Superman

That’s what I did right away, Undo, but it was faded(not active) so I got stuck

What you see is a .JPG Image which somehow I copy/pasted into Mcam and I would have done it again but no matter what I try it didn’t work. I also converted the image to .DXF but Mcam works forever to load and then it stops

I have the image, would you happen to know how I can transfer it to Mcam?

Nicolas

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

You wish to convert a jpeg to lines & arcs ?
    It would involve a little more advanced knowledge... so to put you on the right track.
    Use a chook called Raster2vector,
    You need a good, quality picture, preferably 2 distinct colors (ie black & white... no greys)
    It can be quite ugly when using coarse settings, but you can use it to construct/trace lines & arcs over the top
    I suggest using different colors/levels when converting jpeg and creating a trace

Downloads
    Uploads

The jpeg is in 2 colors, light brown on white background and I should have mentioned that I did try the Raster2vector approach but the results were not good, it turns out with all the arcs and circles out of shape and playing with the settings became worst. But perhaps I should try again and work at it longer and get it to what I want.

Much appreciated

Nicolas