Mastercam X6 for plasma toolpaths

Thread: Mastercam X6 for plasma toolpaths

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mastercam X6 for plasma toolpaths

Hello every one,

I just bought an cnc plasma table.
    Company that I bought this machine from showed a quick basic use of Mastercam X6 for generating tool path.
    Problem is that what they showed me is setting toolpath for every contour manually. Now imagine situation when there is from 50 to 100 different parts and setting toolpaths one by one is frustrating.

Is there a way to set toolpaths automatically on all parts at once?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mastercam X6 for plasma toolpaths

I'm a mastercam user.... but...
    I would not use mastercam as your programming solution...

Plasma cutting is either inside or outside cutting of closed(usually) profiles...
    Consider a CAD package that may utilise a DXF file that would "offset" the plasma nozzle to the correct side (or selectable) profiles. The CAD software should also be able to "nest" multiple DXF files with different quantities into a single batch run

You could use Mastercam as a design seat that can output suitable DXF files, but I think X6 was not able to "nest" , it was a purchased add-on.

There are many to select from, look also at CADware used on water jet machines.

Downloads
    Uploads

I do use Autocad for designing parts, also do my nesting on Nesting Center, an online program in which I upload DXF or DWG, ant it spits out nested parts in DXF.
    Next step is generating g-code for cnc plasma machine. For this I have to use Mastercam x6, because of post processor designed for this machine and CAM program.
    I would gladly use Fastcam that I'm familiar with and use for other plasma machine, and it has automatic tool path generation function. With just 3 clicks X amount of parts gets there leads in and out with presented parameters.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by VYTUX View Post
    I have to use Mastercam x6, because of post processor designed for this machine and CAM program.
    I would gladly use Fastcam that I'm familiar with and use for other plasma machine, and it has automatic tool path generation function. With just 3 clicks X amount of parts gets there leads in and out with presented parameters.
    ???? You don't have to use Mastercam.

Work out what you need to get Fastcam to spit out suitable code for the new plasma. That way you could use Fastcam and just select either plasma "driver", post etc to get the correct code for what machine the job is to be assigned.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would gladly ditch Mastercam and go with Fastcam that I'm using now. BUT, Fastcam that I'm using now with other plasma machine is kind of old (I thing its Fastcam 7, from 2007 or so), and I'm not sure how to change post processor, because it is selected from short list on installation.
    New plasma machine (well, new for us) use Galil DMC 1830 motion controller, and I only have post processor for Mastercam X6.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by VYTUX View Post
    I would gladly ditch Mastercam and go with Fastcam that I'm using now. BUT, Fastcam that I'm using now with other plasma machine is kind of old (I thing its Fastcam 7, from 2007 or so), and I'm not sure how to change post processor, because it is selected from short list on installation.
    New plasma machine (well, new for us) use Galil DMC 1830 motion controller, and I only have post processor for Mastercam X6.
    What you end up using is entirely your choice..
    But I can't see the reasoning with Fastcam(20007) and X6(circa 2010), both are a long way from being current software.

But, here is a hint for using Mastercam. You can select more than 1 chain in an operation. Chains can be selected in many ways ie windowing, by color, by level.

If Mastercam seems to wait, there is a little on-screen help prompt that appears near the top of graphic area.
    Interactive help, put the cursor into a field, press [alt H] (I think alt, if not try crtl).

It's just a matter of preparation, also knowing what the large and small green arrows mean when chaining (large = chain direction, small = offset side if tool diameter or offset distance is greater than zero)
    If you are a real newbie, you may need to read the last paragraph a few times.

In documentation. Printout the "Quick Reference Guide", shows shortcuts etc. that will be of use.

Cactus Club Cafe’s menu includes steaks, sushi, burgers desserts, vegan options as well as gluten-free foods and drinks. https://foodmenuprices.info/cactus-c...u-with-prices/