Need help: Posting code to fanuc controller "Ps4 invalid break point of words"

Thread: Need help: Posting code to fanuc controller "Ps4 invalid break point of words"

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help: Posting code to fanuc controller "Ps4 invalid break point of words"

Machine: CR Onsrud M-Series
    CAM: MasterCam

I'm quote the novice and have only posted 2 or 3 programs to a new machine.....having troubles with a "PS4 BREAK POINT OF WORDS" alarm on the machine screen. I've attached the g code, a screenshot of mastercam, and a screenshot of the alarm. Where do I start?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need help: Posting code to fanuc controller "Ps4 invalid break point of words"-break-point-alarm-png   Need help: Posting code to fanuc controller "Ps4 invalid break point of words"-photo-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help: Posting code to fanuc controller "Ps4 invalid break point of words"

Sounds like a syntax error.

Where in the program did it encounter the error?
    Can you have lower case letters in this control?
    Did you exceed a comment length?

NX series 1926, v1942

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help: Posting code to fanuc controller "Ps4 invalid break point of words"

Quote Originally Posted by 84gearhead03 View Post
    Machine: CR Onsrud M-Series
    CAM: MasterCam

I'm quote the novice and have only posted 2 or 3 programs to a new machine.....having troubles with a "PS4 BREAK POINT OF WORDS" alarm on the machine screen. I've attached the g code, a screenshot of mastercam, and a screenshot of the alarm. Where do I start?
    Hi-
    First thing, your code did not attach as far as I can tell. I just had the same issue and found it to be a syntax error. I had:

(T40 (mill) )
    aka:
    ( Some Comment (parentheses inside of the comment) then one at the end).

I figured out the problem by deleting most of the program until it ran, then started adding blocks back in. It might be easier to post out just one operation and see if it runs, then keep adding ops in.

In the future, have you tried tech support? I used to work for Onsrud and (I at least) would have no problem helping with a problem like this.