Need Help! Making a defined aspheric cuve

Thread: Making a defined aspheric cuve

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Making a defined aspheric cuve

I have mastercam 2019 and am self taught. I don't have any training but have been able to use youtube to figure out most of what I have needed so far. I need to draw an aspheric lens. My plan was to draw a 2d profile and use the revolve tool. I just can't figure out how to make an aspheric curve.

Please help

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Making a defined aspheric cuve

You also need a line to define the axis for to rotate the profile around.... note the screen comments as to what feature it is asking to be selected.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the input. The line to define the rotation is no problem. I need to be able to be able to define an aspheric curve indicated by the attached screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Making a defined aspheric cuve-untitled-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jbiasca View Post
    Thanks for the input. The line to define the rotation is no problem. I need to be able to be able to define an aspheric curve indicated by the attached screenshot.
    Easy..

to create a surface....go .. create surface revolved... select the curve, accept, select the line to indicate rotation axis, accept, then accept the parameters for 360° rotation, accept.

to create a solid.... the whole 1/2 profile must be drawn & closed ... go thru solids tab, create solid rotate, select entire 1/2 profile, accept.... then dollow same procedure as for a surface

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

I get that. However my problem is that creates a simple spherical curve. I need to define that curve as an aphere, like a parabola. A curve that is not spherical.

Downloads
    Uploads

In solidworks there is a way to define a line segment with an equation. I need to be able to do that in mastercam and don't know how. I have a very precise equation to define the asphere I need. I need to know how to input that equation to generate that aspheric curve.