Mastercam University??

Thread: Mastercam University??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mastercam University??

Hi guys!
    I have a couple of questions about Mastercam U.
    I have 25 years of Machining background, CNC, Manual, tinkering here & there with Fusion360, FeatureCam, and of course manual programming at the machine.

I've noticed that ALOT of potential employers use Mastercam as their go-to software, so I'd like to learn it.
    so,,,,,,
    How are the online Mastercam U courses? Will I get a basic understanding of the software?
    Also, I see that the 2D and 3D Mill courses are exactly the same price ($250 each), would it be wiser to start with the 2D, or jump in with the 3D?

Any advise would be appreciated.
    Thanks -Russ.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mastercam University??

I think you're the target audience for their courses, and those of caminstructor and the other independent ones. They go through how to use the software and what the buttons do pretty well.

The problem, or where they are lacking, is that they dont help you understand why. That's why I think veteran machinists are what those courses are best for.

I took the Mastercam courses back at X5 when I transferred from another CAM brand and it helped speed the transition.

I just get too many Johnny Rockets coming in the door that take these courses and think they dont need to learn machining first. They believe learning to program teaches them machining.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Mastercam U? Just try Youtube. EVERYTHING about MC is on youtube.