Need Help! Simple post processor edits

Thread: Simple post processor edits

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Simple post processor edits

Hello,

I attached a picture of some simple changes I am trying to make to our lathes post processor so everything is nice and easy to see.
    The changes

add am or pm to time created

add n1 n2 n3 etc to each operation before operation description

remove all g28's, I prefer to write my own safe toolchange location as I step through the program

turn the coolant on where it is outputting, there is a delay and the machine has to wait to begin cutting

Can anyone help me with these minor tweaks and where to look?

The coolant in mastercam lathe vs mill works differently for me, in mill I get the option for before ,with, or after right inside of the operation.
    I don't know if I can set the lathe to post this way.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Simple post processor edits-lathe-sample-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Simple post processor edits

whoa....
    you MUST rethink what you what your program structure to
    .... your start of program stinks bad.... major crash in the making
    you have no safety codes...(G20 is not a safety code)
    you have no movement to a safe position before a toolchange... the G28 XZ is a proven method, don't ignore it by not putting something before a toolchange. It will bite you big time

I won't put up post changes for someone that would intentionally lead to a machine becoming a boat anchor.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been running this lathe for 10 years without a single crash, it is a Haas and it doesn't need any special codes to get going other then G54..I put my own minimal X/Z moves in in place of a G28 when I am proofing out part 1.
    Seriously this code can be very basic for this machine, I like it this way.
    G28 is way to far from the chuck to be doing tool changes, and is also an issue with the diagonal move past the tailstock on longer parts.
    Sometimes I use G53 instead for clearance moves it just depends what I am doing.

Anyway I found out how to make all the changes already other then modifying how the coolant is output, I think MCAM will help with that without charging me..

Thanks for looking..
    I put a single #sign into the right place in the post processor and poof no more G28 lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    whoa....
    you MUST rethink what you what your program structure to
    .... your start of program stinks bad.... major crash in the making
    you have no safety codes...(G20 is not a safety code)
    you have no movement to a safe position before a toolchange... the G28 XZ is a proven method, don't ignore it by not putting something before a toolchange. It will bite you big time

I won't put up post changes for someone that would intentionally lead to a machine becoming a boat anchor.

Downloads
    Uploads

no probs....
    I'm thinking Fanuc / Okuma coding
    ... you learn that if you turn something ON.. it needs to be turned OFF....
    but you need to cover your butt, if you reset the contol, if something was switched, the safety codes put everything back to a default state
    yes, a # turns the output to just being a comment

with the G28... it may be better to have a distant ref return than to forget to edit in any away movement.