multi cavity die - transforms

Thread: multi cavity die - transforms

Downloads
    Uploads

Default multi cavity die - transforms

Hi. I'm doing a 10 cavity die. I programmed 1 instance of the cavity. It has stops to check things and messages to the machinist as to what to check and what interim readings should be, etc. My stop points are, of course, a Point unit and messages are Manual Entries.

Problem, is when I "transform" it, I'd like to get all the roughing then all the finishing with all the stops and messages in their proper place, but I get Rough, Rough, Rough, point, point, point, message, message, message, Finish, Finish, Finish.

So it is grouping all the roughing then all the finishing, thus doing all the roughing then all the finishing which is right, but its also grouping my messages and stop points together too.

Your help is appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: multi cavity die - transforms

Are you posting out the source operations with the transforms?

You may be better to ....use 2 transform ops
    transform roughing.
    point.
    manual entry.
    transform finishing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: multi cavity die - transforms

Superman, Thanks for your reply. You are right. After some experimentation it did work better if I took those operations where I wanted to go thru all the cavities and THEN stop and make them one kind of transform (By OPERATION I THINK IT WAS CALLED) and on those finishing ones where I wanted to cut, stop n check then finish the same cavity one by one, it was better to take the semi-finish cut, the point the message and the finish unit and transform them "By Instance" which is the other transform choice. I also ghosted out (posting off) the original unit and then in the transform unit checked the box "Include Original" to get the first pocket to be done too. That put all the work in the transform units and made it easier to manage the Operations Manager window.

Caution - do ALL your programming first on one pocket and THEN create the transforms. My version at work (8.0) loses its place in the transforms if you add and delete units after you have made the transforms. In other words the transform does not perfectly track adds and subtracts to the order of the underlying units.