3D toolpath rolls the edges

Thread: 3D toolpath rolls the edges

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3D toolpath rolls the edges

Hi All,

I'm having a problem creating a toolpath that doesn't roll the edges when entering and exiting. I have a 3D surface and have tried just about every finishing toolpath and cannot get the tool to enter/exit without rolling the edge over. I'm sure my lack of experience is the problem and I'm not setting something correctly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

~Dale

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3D toolpath rolls the edges

Check your operation parameters for that toolpath, particularly the "Advanced Settings" ( should be "Automatically" or "Only between Surfaces" )
    - "All over" will make the tool roll over the edges

"Gap settings" control transitions between steps and surface edges, be careful on the use of the tangential lead in/out & tangent line length as these are typical gouge zones
    "Tool Containment" can also be used to restrict the path relative to the surface boundary ( "Centre" allows the tool to cover a flat surface to the boundary, but if it is sloped then the path won't finish the entire surface)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3D toolpath rolls the edges

Now for my next inexperienced question, I am trying to program my part using raster 3D toolpath in Mastercam 2018 and I looked in the parameters area for the advanced settings and can't seem to locate them am I looking in the wrong spot?

~Dale