Creating a CHOOK

Thread: Creating a CHOOK

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Creating a CHOOK

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a CHOOK that can solve my problem or who could write one for me.

So in my mastercam files I import a lot of geometry and the parts change sometimes. Well everyone else in the company works in auto cad so I was wondering if there would be a chook that I could set to run every time I exit the file that would turn on all of the layers, do the "save some" option then select all of the geometry and save it as an autocad file with the same name as the mastercam file. This would allow me to make the small changes in mastercam to the parts then it would save to autocad when I exit.

Thanks for all of the help!!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Creating a CHOOK

I think doing this is VB would be easier

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i don't know if i understood your problem correctly.
    if having a multipartfile organized on layers and you change only one part from one layer and you want to save only the changed part without all the other parts
    you can use part secure the point under SAVE AS
    it saves only what you see at the moment on your screen.
    Save it under a new filename
    if necessary you can read it in again and put it back onto a layer of your choice

by the way chooks are written in C++
    read the word as C-hook

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by D3V3R View Post
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a CHOOK that can solve my problem or who could write one for me.

So in my mastercam files I import a lot of geometry and the parts change sometimes. Well everyone else in the company works in auto cad so I was wondering if there would be a chook that I could set to run every time I exit the file that would turn on all of the layers, do the "save some" option then select all of the geometry and save it as an autocad file with the same name as the mastercam file. This would allow me to make the small changes in mastercam to the parts then it would save to autocad when I exit.

Thanks for all of the help!!
    Maybe try a macro?

Downloads
    Uploads

Why exactly are you doing save some and selecting everything? If you just hit the save button, it will do exactly that in one click. The name will be the same name with a mastercam extension.
    Let me know if I am missing something.