Need Help! Combining two different mastercam files with toolpaths

Thread: Combining two different mastercam files with toolpaths

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Combining two different mastercam files with toolpaths

good morning guys and girls,

i have a cnc router that i want to set up two different jobs at either end of my table. i already have the toolpathing done on each individual file. i want to combine the two files into one "layout File" so that i can output the .GC of both models into one file so that when it has finished machining one model. it will move to the other end of my table and start on the other job. Both jobs are many hours of machining. so i need ONE GC file output. so i can go home and not have to start the other GC file in 8 hours time.

if i try to merge the files into the new "layout" file all i get is the solid models themselves. i want to be able to import all of the tool paths and models together.

i dont want to pick all of the geometry again for each operation.

i know i can save the operations and import them into the new "layout file" but this would result in me having to re-pick all of the geometry again.

attached is a jpg of what the layout looks like.

HELP PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Combining two different mastercam files with toolpaths-capture-jpg  
    There is always another option.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Combining two different mastercam files with toolpaths

Boy you make it sound harder than it actually is....

Post each session as it's own G code file
    - then use the Cimco editor to delete the 1st M02/M30
    - then append the 2nd file at the end of the 1st file
    - then Save As to give it an individual name.......don't overwrite your posted files...you may need to alter something & repost...thus losing everything

There are many controls that could use a schedule program to run a sequence of NC programs ( each file being run a varying number of times before stepping to the next program )

Downloads
    Uploads

I think the export option would work.
    When you export, although it's not the default, you can also export the geometry with it. Before exporting I would put the new geometry into a different "Level" just in case you want to manipulate it after the fact.
    This seems very doable. Am I missing something?

xeno@xenomechanics.com
    http://www.xenomechanics.com

Downloads
    Uploads

File > Merge

If that doesn't work you can save all the operations to a library and select the "save geometry" option

But really the easiest is to copy and past in the G-code editor.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can combine the 2 files by removing the M30 from the program you want to run first, then copy and paste the second program to it. Or, a way I do it is to replace the M30 on both programs with M99. Basically what you are doing is to turn both of these programs into sub programs. Let's say the first program is O1 and the second program is O2. Make up a main program that calls both of them as sub programs. Pick a main program number. In this case I'll use O12.

O12
    M98 P1,
    M98 P2,
    M30,

This will machine the first part, then machine the second part and the program will end. I use a program like this when I'm running 2 pieces for an assembly like a chassis and cover, or sometimes I want to do a one piece pull and do several operations in multiple vises or multiple locations on a fixture.

Downloads
    Uploads

I wrote a small program to take several gcode programs together and combine it into 1. It will sort the tools in order so that there are the min amount of tool changes. It will also change the x,y cords to the correct offset positions (I had tried G 52 with Limited Success). It also has the ability to offset the tool from the piece offset (handy if you are running 2 or more heads). It will also put in a information at the start of the program to show the line nos of the start of each operation. At the moment it allows for 30 different tools and 100 piece offsets. To setup you just need one position on the bed as the home point and then all the other offsets are calculated from that point. Once entered into the program just load your program up at the position and the gcode x y will change for that position.
    Combining two different mastercam files with toolpaths-screenshot-jpg

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Combining two different mastercam files with toolpaths

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Rubyg01 View Post
    I wrote a small program to take several gcode programs together and combine it into 1. It will sort the tools in order so that there are the min amount of tool changes. It will also change the x,y cords to the correct offset positions (I had tried G 52 with Limited Success). It also has the ability to offset the tool from the piece offset (handy if you are running 2 or more heads). It will also put in a information at the start of the program to show the line nos of the start of each operation. At the moment it allows for 30 different tools and 100 piece offsets. To setup you just need one position on the bed as the home point and then all the other offsets are calculated from that point. Once entered into the program just load your program up at the position and the gcode x y will change for that position.
    Combining two different mastercam files with toolpaths-screenshot-jpg
    where is this program available

Downloads
    Uploads

HI Michael, This is the first response I have got for this. I never did release it but if you like I can send you a copy if you give me your email address. I use this for combining several parts to make at the same time. It is quite useful as it cuts down on all the tool changes. Could you send me a couple of sample gcode files to make sure it will work as I have only tested it with gcode created from aspire to be used with mach3. Regards Reuben

Downloads
    Uploads

Reuben,
    I know this is an old post however any chance you can share the program to combine 2 files.

Thanks
    Charles

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by callen View Post
    Reuben,
    I know this is an old post however any chance you can share the program to combine 2 files.

Thanks
    Charles
    Hi Charles, No Problem in sharing the program but could you possibly send me your two nc files please to test as I have only ever used it to combine multitool mach3 nc. please send you reubengourley@ulsterplaques.co.uk and I will get back to you tomorrow.

Regards Reuben