Need Help! Flat parts Vibratory Tumbling or Cetrifugal Disc Finishing?

Thread: Flat parts Vibratory Tumbling or Cetrifugal Disc Finishing?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Flat parts Vibratory Tumbling or Cetrifugal Disc Finishing?

Hi,

I make flat Sterling Silver pendants and charms. I have them either lost wax cast, laser cut or die stamped/blanked. They are quite small (10-20mm) and 0.8mm to 1.2mm thick. They are all totally flat. I need a perfect Mirror finish or sometimes a nice smooth pre-plate finish.

I am looking to buy a small finishing machine and was wondering if anyone knows which would be the best type of machine for my needs. I am concidering either a vibratory tumbler with speed adjustment and flow thru, or a Centrifugal Disc Finisher(Otec Eco Maxi Wet, used on a slow speed) with speed adjustment and flow thru.

I will be using plastic medium and plastic fine abrasive cones with vibro liquid as they are softer than ceramic media, then green dry pre-loaded buff media.

Anyone know which would be the best type of machine for flat parts? Vibratory or Centrifugal Disc?

Thanks,
    Hannah