Makerbot 2

Thread: Makerbot 2

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Makerbot 2

Hey,

Does anyone have one of these yet or know if they even started shipping yet? I am ready to pull the trigger on one but I would like to see what a finished part looks like and the person I talked to today said they are at least a month away from sending out samples.

Thanks a bunch.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Where can I see one. share the link.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got a lot of my info from here:

https://store.makerbot.com/replicator2.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Replicator 2

I ordered mine Nov. 24th, should be in by end of this month. There is an 8wk delay before shipping. They are claiming issues with Sandy but the delay was invoked even before the storm.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you get it yet?

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I got it. I haven't got to print much since it came in because after about 2 weeks it developed a problem with the filament extruder no longer extruding. It took over 4 weeks for Makerbot to make any kind of meaningful response other than troubleshooting tips I had generally tried already. I finally kept hacking away at what I could find online not on the makerbot site and got it extruding again although then I was having issues with the filament not laying evenly and not sticking on the platen. 2 weeks later Makerbot decided they would send me a new platen based on test print results. I got it in yesterday and printed a few things which looked good. It has been a learning experience and Makerbot support is pretty terrible. I am still happy with the printer because the performance is really good and the quality is also. I don't mind working out issues but I do mind 3 to 4 days wait time between email responses from Makerbot with little to no substance. I have gone to the makerbot forums and the complaints are generally the same about the support.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here are some sample prints
    Makerbot 2-img_9499-jpg
    Makerbot 2-img_9502-jpg
    Makerbot 2-img_9492-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Drock,
    I deliver to makerbot a lot. If your interested on a 3d printer theirs another company I deliver to in Brooklyn. It's a smaller company but at half the price and the quality is as good or maybe better. They let me walk around their little warehouse and it made me want one also. If your interested let me know and I'll get the name of the company for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseydog View Post
    Hey Drock,
    I deliver to makerbot a lot. If your interested on a 3d printer theirs another company I deliver to in Brooklyn. It's a smaller company but at half the price and the quality is as good or maybe better. They let me walk around their little warehouse and it made me want one also. If your interested let me know and I'll get the name of the company for you.
    Im interested in the name of that company

CHOCLATE? THIS IS DOODOO BABY!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey boatdudeguy

The name of the company is solidoodle. It was actually started by one of the guys from makerbot. Check out the arcticle on this page and best of all the price. Have fun.

Brooklyn-based 3D Printing Brand Solidoodle Joins the Party for the 3DEA Relaunch | Openhouse