Electrical Question - 1 Higher Amp Power Point for 6 Machines

Thread: Electrical Question - 1 Higher Amp Power Point for 6 Machines

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Electrical Question - 1 Higher Amp Power Point for 6 Machines

Getting an Electrician to add more Power Points. At the moment I'm using standard household Power Points. Like most people I have a few Power Boards with multiple machines plugged in but rarely are there more then 3 things running at once. I was wondering am I better getting a Higher amp Power Point installed and run my Power Boards from that.

Only time I ever have a problem is when I have my Compressor turned on and it filling up with air, if I'm using my Small Table Saw it sometimes throws the Reset on my Power Board ( Never at the Powerbox in the house ) so if I get a higher amp Power Point installed will that stop that from happening? I was thinking that might save me some $$ so replace my normal amp Power Point with a higher amp one rather then get 4 or 5 normal amp Power Points installed.

Also in my Office where I have a 6 pack Power Board with 6 various things running like a Desktop Computer, 2 Monitors, a Printer, and Notebook plugged in would a higher amp Power Point be worthwhile installing to plug my 6 Pack Power Board into?

Thanks in Advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Electrical Question - 1 Higher Amp Power Point for 6 Machines

Sounds like you need an electrician to calculate your power load and upgrade your main panel. If its for a Home shop and your the only one working 150 - 200 amp main should be enough. Your air compressor and your air conditioning will draw a lot of power.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Sounds like you need an electrician to calculate your power load and upgrade your main panel. If its for a Home shop and your the only one working 150 - 200 amp main should be enough. Your air compressor and your air conditioning will draw a lot of power.
    Thanks George, I was just trying to work out the most cost efficient but also the safest too. I can either get him to install 4 or 5 standard Power Points in my workshop or possible save money by installing 1 higher amp Power Point

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KenR60 View Post
    Thanks George, I was just trying to work out the most cost efficient but also the safest too. I can either get him to install 4 or 5 standard Power Points in my workshop or possible save money by installing 1 higher amp Power Point
    It sounds like you need more than one 20A circuit added, Power Boards are never a good thing as it is easy to have overload on your main supply circuit

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    They don't have anything like 150/200amp supply in Australia

Mactec54