Miyano BND Turret Position / Manual interpretation

Thread: Miyano BND Turret Position / Manual interpretation

Activation process legacymachining's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Miyano BND Turret Position / Manual interpretation

I need some help, purchased a 1997 Miyano BND-42S2 with Fanuc OT-C and i am having turret issues. The machine alarm light is on, turret does one of a couple things. It either indexes but is in the wrong position (half way between tools and locks into place), only releases and does not actually turn, or i get a servo alarm on the amplifier. The current state of the machine is that it is indexing but its clocked incorrectly, i am attempting to rehome it via the manual but i am having a hard time interpreting the manual. It says "when turret is shifted" to follow the flowchart, i can attach it to the post i think. I think its telling me to change the Diagnostic parameter 329.3 from 0 to 1. Which would be 00001000. while in MDI mode i enabled PWE, but when i navigate to diagnostic 329 it will not let me change the numbers, either in e-stop or not. is that what its telling me to do?

I have also tried: hit turret index button and estop right after, the turret then will free spin. manually rotate the turret to the correct position. shut off machine completely, power back up. index turret button will then index the turret but it goes right back to the wrong position (halfway between tools). I also played with the turret limit switches a bit but cant see where the output is triggered in the logic. There was 1 time i was able to hold the spindle stop button and turret index buttons to rehome the turret and hit reset button. The machine alarm disappeared for about 5 minutes but while the machine was sitting idle it came right back.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Miyano BND Turret Position / Manual interpretation-capture-jpg  
    Last edited by legacymachining; 03-12-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Miyano BND Turret Position / Manual interpretation

Quote Originally Posted by legacymachining View Post
    I need some help, purchased a 1997 Miyano BND-42S2 with Fanuc OT-C and i am having turret issues. The machine alarm light is on, turret does one of a couple things. It either indexes but is in the wrong position (half way between tools and locks into place), only releases and does not actually turn, or i get a servo alarm on the amplifier. The current state of the machine is that it is indexing but its clocked incorrectly, i am attempting to rehome it via the manual but i am having a hard time interpreting the manual. It says "when turret is shifted" to follow the flowchart, i can attach it to the post i think. I think its telling me to change the Diagnostic parameter 329.3 from 0 to 1. Which would be 00001000. while in MDI mode i enabled PWE, but when i navigate to diagnostic 329 it will not let me change the numbers, either in e-stop or not. is that what its telling me to do?

I have also tried: hit turret index button and estop right after, the turret then will free spin. manually rotate the turret to the correct position. shut off machine completely, power back up. index turret button will then index the turret but it goes right back to the wrong position (halfway between tools). I also played with the turret limit switches a bit but cant see where the output is triggered in the logic. There was 1 time i was able to hold the spindle stop button and turret index buttons to rehome the turret and hit reset button. The machine alarm disappeared for about 5 minutes but while the machine was sitting idle it came right back.
    Hi there.. did you end up resolving this? We appear to have the same issue?
    Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Miyano BND Turret Position / Manual interpretation

HOW TO RE-TEACH TURRET POSITION
    (BND-SERIES WITH FANUC CONTROL 0-TC)
    1 TURN THE MEMORY PROTECT KEY OFF,AND CHANGE "PARAMETER WRITE"
    (PWE) FROM "O" TO "1'.
    (THIS TIME NC ALARM P/S WILL COMES ON, ALSO MACHINE ALARM LAMP
    WILL BE ON).
    2 CHANGE PMC DIAGNOSTIC #316.6 AND #329.3 BOTH TO "1"
    3 CHANGE "PARAMETER WRITE"= BACK TO "O", THEN PRESS "RESET"' KEY
    NC ALARM SHOULD BE GONE.
    4 PRESS "TURRET INDEX' BUTTON AT ONCE IN "JOG' MODE.
    TURRET UNCLAMPS. DOES NOT INDEX).
    BY PRESSING "SPINDLE INCHING' BUTTON TURRET HEAD WILL ROTATE SLOWLY
    ADJUST TURRET HEAD TO NORMAL POSITION (CHECK CLAMP CONDITION)
    5 PRESS "TURRET INDEX' BUTTON AGAIN, TURRET WILL CLAMP. PLEASE MAKE SURE
    WITH TURRET CLAMPED-END SWITCH (DGN #14.7) GOES ON "I'.
    IF CAN NOT GET NORMAL POSITION, TRY AGAIN STEP #4 THROUGH #5.
    6 PERFORM ZERO RETURN ON ALL AXES, AND THEN CHOOSE "MDI' MODE.
    7 COMMAND ANY TURRET STATION NUMBER, AND THEN PRESS "CYCLE START"
    (AT THIS TIME TURRET WILL NOT INDEX)
    8 COMMAND CORRECT TURRET STATION NUMBER WHICH IS FACING TO SPINDLE
    THAN PRESS "CYCLE START' BUTTON.
    (AT THIS TIME TURRET STATION NUMBER WILL BE MEMORIZED IN CONTROL).
    9 CHANGE «PARAMETER WRITE'= BACK TO "I" AGAIN, AND CHANGE PMC
    DIAGNOSTIC #316.6 AND #329.3 BACK TO "O".
    (ALARM P/S100 WILL COMES ON).
    10 CHANGE "PARAMETER WRITE"= TOO", THEN PRESS "RESET KEY.
    (NC ALARM P/S100 AND MACHINE ALARM WILL BE GONE)
    11 CALL UP ANY TURRET STATION NUMBER IN "MDI' MODE.
    (MAKE SURE TO GET CORRECT TURRET POSITION)