Where to obtain a 240v to 120v Ac to Ac converter for appliance circuit?

Thread: Where to obtain a 240v to 120v Ac to Ac converter for appliance circuit?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Where to obtain a 240v to 120v Ac to Ac converter for appliance circuit?

I have been searching low and high online for a transformer or buck converter of some type to use in enclosure for a custom machinery build we are assembling that utilizes 240v and 120v (USA) and haven’t had any luck. I keep finding those types for EU external appliance usage and that’s not what we need. Rather than have this machinery require a 240v and 120v AC wall plug it would be easiest to integrate into one circuit enclosure and one 240v wall plug. I know they exist we have one here however it is for lower than required wattage/current needs we have. We need one that is rated for 2000 watts (approx 18 amps) or so, that can operate the 120v internal controls this machinery uses. If anyone has a good suggestion how to, is safe to use, and that we can integrate into our enclosure it would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Where to obtain a 240v to 120v Ac to Ac converter for appliance circuit?

Automation Direct is normally my goto source.
    https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...)/Transformers.

Ebay is a good source also, look for control transformer. Also look for encapsulated transformer.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Where to obtain a 240v to 120v Ac to Ac converter for appliance circuit?

Hi,
    I fix welding equipment for a living.

I wrecked out an old Miller Plasma, I think a Spectrum 375. It has a huge toroidal transformer with a center tapped 240v primary and approx 120V
    secondary. I've used it for a big DC supply for use in the workshop. It is about 2kVA

I think with a little creativity you might be able to use the transformer. The Spectrum 375 is getting pretty old an you might pick up a retired unit.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    in fact we may even have two.....it belongs to my boss but he might be persuaded to part with it. I don't know where you are in
    the world, it weighs probably 10kg.

Craig