Need Help! Trying to get my Drill Bank up and running

Thread: Trying to get my Drill Bank up and running

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Trying to get my Drill Bank up and running

Hey all,
    I've been having some trouble getting the drill bank on my machine to function. I just started using this machine (or any for that matter) last year, and am still trying to understand all of it's capabilities. I'm running a KOMO Innova 408, which has a drill bank on it that as far as anyone at the shop is aware has never been used. I've been reading up on it, and have found the codes I need, however my tests have been unsuccessful. The issue comes when I attempt to rotate any the drill spindles. They respond to my code, and drop down as if they are ready to cut, but trip a sensor everytime they attempt to spin. For example:

>G28G91Z0M5
    >G90
    >T302
    >M3S5000 (When I run this test program block by block, this line is where my error occurs.)
    >G43H11Z1
    >(Perform Cut...)
    >...
    >...

My machine throws a "1090 Tool Overload Fault". To clear this, I must open the back panel and reset this sensor (the gray button on OL3) :

I don't know much about the guts of this machine, and no clue what i'm actually doing when I press this reset. I would assume that the motor to turn the drill bank spindles is overloading or timing out, but i have no idea where to start to identify the problem, let alone fix it.

If this is the wrong place to ask, or if I haven't provided enough information please let me know; I'm a brand new member, and rather new to machining in general. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Cole

P.S. As a follow up, assuming I get these running, I've been trying to learn to edit the post processor I use in VCarve Pro to allow programming of the drill bank in addition to the main spindle. If anyone knows about this kind of thing, I would be deeply grateful for the help.