Need Help! MADCAM7 - I Looking for one on one Online tutor teaching me MADCAM 7

Thread: MADCAM7 - I Looking for one on one Online tutor teaching me MADCAM 7

Default MADCAM7 - I Looking for one on one Online tutor teaching me MADCAM 7

I Looking for one on one Online tutor teaching me MADCAM 7. I have no issue with 3 axis. But i have issue understand 4th & 5th axis on my Truinon table - ple - TIAase contact me if you are cable of teaching me

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MADCAM7 - I Looking for one on one Online tutor teaching me MADCAM 7

Did you ever get an understanding of how this works?

One thing for sure you need to start with simpler forms until you understand the effects your choices of tool paths will have

Maybe try tool pathing something like a diving board shape hanging off the trunnion , do a roughing and finishing pass for both side , then the edges .

I know there are videos on YouTube for madcam , but I doubt if there are sample models to play with , if you are new to rhino modeling and find it difficult to replicate the models exactly then maybe make a simpler form than the video but use the same pathing tools .

Also what is your experience with Rhino modeling and also your experience with CNC machining ?

It all seems so difficult until you wrap your mind around what is taking place then magically it seems easy or at least easy enough .

Hope some of that helps
    Gregore

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MADCAM7 - I Looking for one on one Online tutor teaching me MADCAM 7

A trick I use. If your final toolpath is going to have .005" step over.... just use .100" or .050" until you can see it's what you want. Then recalculate toolpath to your final step over.

Second, the Rhino drawing has almost everything to do with what Madcam needs to see. It's taken me a while to realize a clean drawing is imperative.

Don't be afraid to have a separate layer... draw lines to simulate where the axis will be to be able to pick them for rotation of axis and spindle.

Look on YouTube for Madcam jewelry. There's videos that help.

Downloads
    Uploads

I do the same , with course step overs in the .1mm range to see if I get the results I want then redo with my final .02mm step.

Less now than before I got the faster computer , some of my tool path calculations used to take many hours and have a million plus lines of code . I have learned to break it down into smaller files so if something needs changing it is easier

Cutting on the fifth axis has been a whole new learning curve in madcam as well a rhino ........
    breaking down material removable into even smaller files for reason stated above as well as what you mentioned about using layers for lines and control surfaces as well as dummy parts that might extend past the part needed to control transitions
    Sometimes I do not want that cutter tip dipping around the corner of a part so I extend the part surface outwards .

I was lucky to have splurged on the full program as I found drive surface control way easier to understand than the standard 4 and 5 axis control section , I used it for years on my 4th axis . If I had started with out drive surface control I think I might have given up