Coordinated movement of linear axis (Z) with rotational axis (A) for threadmilling?

Thread: Coordinated movement of linear axis (Z) with rotational axis (A) for threadmilling?

Default Coordinated movement of linear axis (Z) with rotational axis (A) for threadmilling?

I have been threadmilling external threads using a helix around the Z axis.

My problem is that my old Tree325 mill is has about 0.002" of backlash in the X axis and my threads are not circular.

I have added an A axis to my bed that rotates around the Z axis.

Using my new setup, how can I create G-code in MadCAM that creates threadmilled external threads using a coordinated movement of Z-axis and A-axis which will result in rounder threads?

By coordinated movement, I mean that A-axis movement would be slaved to Z-axis movement such that if I raise Z by 0.050" then A-axis would have rotated 360 degrees smoothly (linearly).

Tristen