Problem Error in simulator: Tool path contains no valid search path to the cutter tool

Thread: Error in simulator: Tool path contains no valid search path to the cutter tool

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Error in simulator: Tool path contains no valid search path to the cutter tool

I can't figure out how to fix this. All of these are what I would expect: Default machine is in the machine library and selected in the Machine tab, Tool library looks right in the Machine tab, the cutter is in the tool library.

How does MadCAM try to resolve the location of the cutter?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Error in simulator: Tool path contains no valid search path to the cutter tool

Fixed: An old tool path was causing the error.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Error in simulator: Tool path contains no valid search path to the cutter tool

Quote Originally Posted by MitchB View Post
    Fixed: An old tool path was causing the error.
    Mitch, Can you elaborate on this. I just switched pc and returning to this work and ran into the same message "This tool path contains no valid search path to the cutter tool! Unable to simulate this toolpath". As you did, I browsed to the various locations in the machine tab and confirmed the existence of machine, cutters etc... Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by trung999 View Post
    Mitch, Can you elaborate on this. I just switched pc and returning to this work and ran into the same message "This tool path contains no valid search path to the cutter tool! Unable to simulate this toolpath". As you did, I browsed to the various locations in the machine tab and confirmed the existence of machine, cutters etc... Thanks.
    It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that this is due to the toolpath being somewhere MadCAM isn't looking for it. MadCAM Options has a Tool Library location in the Machine tab. Also there is a file path in the Cutters Library of the ToolPath selected when the path is created. If the tool for the path is located in these places, I think it should work. Maybe it will also work if it is in just one of them.

As a last resort, you can create a new toolpath using a cutter which shows up in your Cutter selection.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much for the reply Mitch. As per you suggestion, I recalculated the toolpaths, each time redirecting it to the cutters named in the toolpaths. It works now.