Problem Mach3 Post Processor appends a decimal point to a decimal feed rate

Thread: Mach3 Post Processor appends a decimal point to a decimal feed rate

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 Post Processor appends a decimal point to a decimal feed rate

The Mach3 post processor appends a decimal point to the feed rate. When the feed rate has digits after the decimal, this is something which Mach3/4 doesn't like.

So if a tool has a feed rate of 1.8, the gcode output will be:
    F1.8.

Mach3/4 would prefer:
    F1.8

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 Post Processor appends a decimal point to a decimal feed rate

No one of the post processors for Mach3 that are included with the madCAM installer is generating an extra dot after the feed variable. The feed variable is set from each cutter tool. Below is how the feed variable is used in the post processor.

*APPROACH*
    G01"x""y""z" F"feedz" <= This is the feed variable for Z approach.
    *END_SECTION*

*FIRST_CUT*
    "x""y""z" F"feed" <= This is the feed variable.
    *END_SECTION*

If you have an extra dot, please check how the feed is set with your saved cutter tool in madCAM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JOM View Post
    No one of the post processors for Mach3 that are included with the madCAM installer is generating an extra dot after the feed variable. The feed variable is set from each cutter tool. Below is how the feed variable is used in the post processor.

*APPROACH*
    G01"x""y""z" F"feedz" <= This is the feed variable for Z approach.
    *END_SECTION*

*FIRST_CUT*
    "x""y""z" F"feed" <= This is the feed variable.
    *END_SECTION*

If you have an extra dot, please check how the feed is set with your saved cutter tool in madCAM.
    I am using the post processor template TAIG_Mach3_4-axis.txt and it has a dot after the "feed". The file is from 2010. If that isn't an original madCAM template, it is possible I modified it, but I don't think I would have had a reason to do that.

Downloads
    Uploads

You are right, the TAIG Mach3_4-axis post processor has a decimal point after the feed variable. I am not sure why, but it was probably something that was needed for that machine at the time this post processor was created.

Please try the Mach3_4-axis post processor and I think it will work better. This post processor also supports inverse time feed (G93).