Search path to cutter tools - where are they stored? Why aren't they found?

Thread: Search path to cutter tools - where are they stored? Why aren't they found?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Search path to cutter tools - where are they stored? Why aren't they found?

I made some new tool paths with some new cutters I created in subfolders. When I try to simulate or post process, the tool path to the cutter isn't found. Is there a place where the paths are stored so that I can see what the problem is? Do all the cutters need to be in some place?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Search path to cutter tools - where are they stored? Why aren't they found?

I see that the issue is that the .ctr file must be directly in whatever directory is specified in the machine setting. Two suggestions:
    1. I would like to be able to have cutters in sub-directories under that directory. For example a "Finish" and a "Rough" directory.
    2. It would be nice if the path that is used were discoverable for debugging purposes. Ideally it could also be modified.