g93

Thread: g93

Downloads
    Uploads

Default g93

I just noticed on madcam website that it supports g93 moves can someone please show how to use it / turn it active . Also i need some help changing the mira A/B to an A/C trunnion table ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: g93

still waiting to hear back on this issue

but now I have another issue , running a few tests to see about setting up the 5th axis the picture is a half sphere cutting in X so platter rotates and the tool steps over every 360 degrees of rotation from bottom to top

madcam is putting out code that will not run with RTCP or TCPC i am including the Gcode of the cut in . In the B moves there would be no cutting as the RTCP would keep the tool at the same point on the part . I suspect the code needs to put out x y z coordinates and then RTCP would turn the rotates to that point , or at least that is how I imagine it should work .

thanks

gregore

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails g93-x-png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gregore View Post
    I just noticed on madcam website that it supports g93 moves can someone please show how to use it / turn it active . Also i need some help changing the mira A/B to an A/C trunnion table ?
    Hi,
    Go to the News Tab it will help you with setup on G93.
    madCAM News
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you very much , i did not know madcam had a blog for new releases .

so i looked it over and sent it to my tech friend who is handling this for me ( waiting for reply) , but from my little bit of knowledge of how these things work , it seems to me that this is a post processor change not something that is an option in madcam that can be turned off or on , plus I would expect that if it is a post change that turns g93 off and on during the cut I see no calculations for the inverse time feed needed .

now that we have TCP in the machine I would rather use that , which means that madcam is still outputting code that will not work with TCP . Hopefully joachim notices this or gets my emails soon so I can get this solved

Downloads
    Uploads

so I just updated madcam and I noticed that I do not have the same screen as this post on the madcam blog, it looks like this is where i turn TCP on and off in the tool library

any one else have or not have it on their version ?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails g93-madcam-tools-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

What you see in this screen shot is just an example of how to use custom variables in madCAM 6. It is possible to create custom variables that are saved with each cutter tool. You can create any variables and use them in the post prosessor, for example to turn the TCP on and off.

If it's for the Mira machine, the latest setup I made was with a custom dll and for the mach3 controller. As far as I know, there is no support for RTCP in Mach3,

You are welcome to send me your post processor or a sample output code and let me know the code for RTCP on and off and I will add it to your post processor.

/Joakim

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for the responce , my tech friend figured out how to get madcam to out put TCP once i got him the madcam help sections on post processors

we are going to try both tcp and g93 to see which one gives better control , thankfully we are not having to use mach we have a controller and controller software from dynomotion , we have yet to find much they can not handle

thanks