Imperial to Metric in Madcam?? - Laguna iQ Mill

Thread: Imperial to Metric in Madcam?? - Laguna iQ Mill

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Imperial to Metric in Madcam?? - Laguna iQ Mill

Hello-

I am helping my dad set up his mill to produce guitars. I have previously used a Patriot Mill in school and would use Madcam to post process my g-code in Imperial Measurements. I just learned the Laguna machine my dad has runs Metric, so my code is not running correctly.

I converted the rhino model to mm and converted the tool and toolpath numbers in madcam to mm and the program ran 90% correcly, but it slightly out of scale in the Y-direction. It is as if the machine thinks my stock material was larger than it is but when I check its coordinates/measurements directly in the code, it is correct (I tried several post-processors too and file pathways). I'm not sure if madcam actually supports mm measurements when I load the tool or set up the toolpath - is there a way to switch madcam to mm? If my rhino rhino is in mm, how do I input the measurements or units into madcam so that it recognizes mm?

I also tried to edit the G20/G21 directly in the code (prior to when I converted my model to mm, still in imperial at this point), but received an error that X/Y was out of bounds when I tried to run it on the Laguna. I also reset the origina at this point. Do I also need to change the Feed speeds?

Are there any work arounds for this? I am a student so I only have free access to Madcam- I don't want to have to use a different software.

Let me know! Thank you!