Which toolpath i can create to get my surface?

Thread: Which toolpath i can create to get my surface?

Default Which toolpath i can create to get my surface?

Hello from Germany

I create a single 3D surface because this surface I have to mill from an existing part. Above this real existing part are some little things (10mm hight) that I must remove in 2mm Z-Steps

Which toolpath I can take to do it?

If I use roughing toolpath I get a loooot of empty pathes and 3D Surfacing makes only one toolpath and there it will cut 10mm in one cut and thats too much ;o(

I think I need an option to create 5 Z-level finishing tootpathes in 2mm cutting depth but how I create this?

Sorry I´m a madcam newby

Ron

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which toolpath i can create to get my surface?-snip_20200414084159-jpg   Which toolpath i can create to get my surface?-snip_20200414084527-jpg   Which toolpath i can create to get my surface?-snip_20200414084437-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Which toolpath i can create to get my surface?

Hi Ron -

You might try creating closed curves (circles?) above the “things”. Then use the curves to restrict the cutting regions and do your roughing cut. Or, you could use pocketing with the selected curves and pocket to a depth just above your surface. I have not done a test file, but I think either of these approaches should work.

Jerry

Hello Jerry- thank you for the post!

I create these region curves but If I create a z-level-finishing toolpath it makes only one step directly on the drawed surface.

I need 5 steps with 2mm cutting deepth that starts 10mm above.

(I can make some parallel surfaces over the finishing and there I can create the upper roughing toolpathes but maybe its another, better way.)

Downloads
    Uploads

I can’t say I completely understand the problem but I think clipping planes might be worth a look . Video is on YouTube

“clipping planes” controls cutting to only between the 2 set layers or planes in Z axis of the model this would allow you to make 5 seperate tool paths 1 above or below the other