Using Cplane to view for 5x toolpaths

Thread: Using Cplane to view for 5x toolpaths

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Using Cplane to view for 5x toolpaths

I had an earlier post about my post not working correctly. I'm taking that back now.

My parts are trying to cut inside of a tube. Hard to generate toolpaths for. Best way for me is to move Cplane to view, and generate a toolpaths from boundary curves.

This results a toolpath that looks great on the screen, but when I try and cut the part, it's off.

I generated a 5x Z level finishing from world top and it cuts as it should. So my post is working correctly.

There's a problem with Madcam generating the toolpaths correctly from this Cplane to view.

Are people having luck using generating toolpaths this way? What am I doing wrong?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Using Cplane to view for 5x toolpaths

I'm changing c plane to view in my perspective window. And doing all my work in the perspective window.

I noticed my top view, front, and right view still are in world top c plane.

Am I missing something in my Rhino settings, or am I using c plane to view correctly only in perspective window?

Downloads
    Uploads

No advice or help?

Does anyone use c plane to view? Am I missing something?

Downloads
    Uploads

Its been a while, but if I remember correctly, the c plane is tied to an individual view. If the c plane orientation is correct for your operation in a given view, I believe the tool path will need to be posted from that view. Does that make sense? I'm 4 years away from doing 5 axis work in RhinoCam, so I could be wrong.