Simulator Crawls.........

Thread: Simulator Crawls.........

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Simulator Crawls.........

Hey, Somewhere along the line Madcam changed the simulator. Under the older version it ran relatively quickly and the output looked pretty good. Then I upgraded to windows 10 and immediately experienced problems with Madcam. And one of the issues was the new simulator. It sucked on the same hardware. OK, maybe it needed upgraded. So I waited but nothing. So I downgraded my computer back to Win7 and an older version of Madcam. After seeing there was a newer version I assumed it may have solved the issues. So I installed win10 on a different computer and installed the newer version of MAdcam. It has resolved some of the previous issues but not the simulator issue. OK, maybe it's my graphics card. So I bought a GeForce 1050ti. Pretty good card. The simulator could care less. It crawls..... I still get better results on my win7 machine with the older hardware and older version of the simulator. The simulator is basically worthless now. What am I doing wrong? Along another line.....Has Joakim pretty much given up on Madcam? Even some of the links on his website don't function. I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling any more. I love Madcam and want it to function.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Simulator Crawls.........

This is another thing.
    If you look for support on Madcam's site it directs you here as though it's the official support site. Yet nobody from Madcam seems to be here to offer any help. Does nobody else have this issue with the simulator. I'd be happy to at least know I'm not alone. Perhaps I will have to send an email directly to Joakim.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Shinosky View Post
    This is another thing.
    If you look for support on Madcam's site it directs you here as though it's the official support site. Yet nobody from Madcam seems to be here to offer any help. Does nobody else have this issue with the simulator. I'd be happy to at least know I'm not alone. Perhaps I will have to send an email directly to Joakim.
    You are not alone. You can search the forum for simulator issues. As of today at least there are 2 of us. Apparently a Windows 10 update back in early 2017 broke the simulator. The latest Madcam version works in sort of a limp mode by disabling stock drawing. My computer is a Dell core i7-4790. I upgraded from an NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti to a pro graphics card NVIDIA Quadro M2000, no change. Nothing really works. I upgraded to Rhino6/Madam6 but it is worse for me. I disabled Windows 10 update on an older PC and confirmed that everything works when running pre-2017 versions of Windows10/Madcam, even with a much slower graphics card. Unfortunately it's a pain to use and I am not sure now I can still use it. I assume most people do not have problems but I have no idea why I do. If you solve your problems please update.

I am having problems with posting now, so that's even worse.

Community Moderator
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are updates on the simulator coming. Not sure how much next service release will include but the simulator has been reported to be problematic on some machines (not all). It seems there will be an option to use two different simulators depending on hardware in use, and one option will be close to the previous solution that was rock solid for 3 and 4-axis setups.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by svenakela View Post
    There are updates on the simulator coming. Not sure how much next service release will include but the simulator has been reported to be problematic on some machines (not all). It seems there will be an option to use two different simulators depending on hardware in use, and one option will be close to the previous solution that was rock solid for 3 and 4-axis setups.
    Sven, Thank you very much for the update. If a pre-release with just the simulator options can be made available it would be enormously helpful. Besides being glacially slow my simulator has very poor resolution (this gets worse with the size of the object). I am only able to use it for gross indications and to make sure I am posting the correct set of toolpaths. I spent 6 hours yesterday on a foam core simulation that revealed a couple of mistakes the pre-2017 simulator would have uncovered in minutes. I am facing more days of indispensable foam core modeling.

Downloads
    Uploads

Same issue Z600 24 g ram quatro gpu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    The Simulator relies on the CPU and NOT the GPU for speed.
    It is important that you go to Options and choose the highest Multithreading that you PC processor can handle.
    On the simulator Options Advanced it is also important to choose the correct Voxel Size and then Click the Red Reset Square.
    The smaller the Voxel number the slower it will go.
    I have no issue the very complex 4 axis simultaneous cuts with the simulator.
    If you have not tried this give it a go.
    Regards,
    Mauri.